Chapter 12: Risky

Important information: Ages (this is not accurate to the tv shows or games)
Sonic: 20
Amy: 19
Shadow: 20
Silver: 21
Blaze: 21
Tails: turning 17
Cream: 16
Rouge: 22
Knuckles: 21
-------------------------------------------------------

Amy's POV:

After staying up a little longer to keep Shadow company, I offer him the couch downstairs. He happily takes it, and we both fall asleep.

.
.
.

Tails' POV:

We all needed time to get some rest after the surprise attack from Eggman, but Sonic asked me to check in on Amy. I also want to tell her that I'm cancelling my birthday party. She didn't look too good after Shadow rescued her from that burning house, so I doubt she's in the partying mood anyways.

Walking up to her door and knocking, a minute or two passes by before she opens the door. She sleepily rubs her eyes before looking up at me.

"Tails?"

"Hey Amy! How ya feeling?"

She smiles, and hugs me. It feels weird to be taller than her now.

"Better now that the birthday boy is here."

She remembered ?

"About that....I uh kind of cancelled the party."

Pulling away, she raises her eyebrow. "You might have cancelled it, but Rouge is getting everything set up for tomorrow as we speak. Just because Eggman decided to be a party pooper doesn't mean we're not celebrating your 17th birthday party."

I look at her in shock. "But everyone is still recovering."

Smiling, she gets on her tip toes to pat my head. Bashfully, I swat her hand away.

"We're not missing your birthday party Tails, banged up or not."

We may have grown up, but she's still the same old Amy. She'll never stop caring about people.

I smile, and reach down to hug her again.

"Thanks Amy."

.
.
.

Night of the party, Amy's POV:

I invited Blaze, Cream, and Rouge over to get ready with me, but Rouge said she's too busy getting everything set up. I told her not to stress and that whatever venue she booked would look perfect if she was the one decorating it. However I was definitely surprised when she told me that the venue was a club.

Admiring my long straightened hair in the mirror, Cream asks from across the room if I can help curl her hair.

Walking over to where she's sitting with the curling iron, I sit down and begin wrapping her soft hair around the wand.

In the other corner of the room, Blaze is trying to decide what to wear.

"The red one."

She holds it over her robe, trying to imagine what it would look like without having to try it on. It's a beautiful and sparkly ruby red color, with a sweet heart neckline and thin straps. It's form fitting with an open back, and goes down to a little above the knees.

"You think so?"

Moving on to the next curl, I nod.

"It's more flattering to your curves." Picking on her, I add "and I'm sure Silver will love it."

Her cheeks flush as she flattens her ears at me. "Amy!!"

Looking down at the dress, she sighs. "He probably won't even dance with me...What's the point in dressing cute?"