Chapter 19: Falling

Authors note: Sorry for the lack of updates, more will be coming soon :)
-------------------------------------------------------
Shadow's POV:

Slipping on our coats and scarves as we laugh, we run down the stairs and race each other to the door. I win of course, but she's still grinning from ear to ear as she steps into the powdery moonlit setting.

The frigid air whips her pink hair behind her as she runs through the snow laughing. I follow behind her, grinning as I create a ball in my hands.

"Hey Rose."

She turns around, and squeals as the snow explodes against her chest.

"Shadow!! It got in my shirt!"

"Alls fair in the game of war and snowball fights Rose."

Seeing the look of vengeance in her eyes, I make a beeline for the nearest tree before I'm pelted in the back of the head with a snowball.

"Hey! Yours had ice in it you cheater."

She grins.

"Alls fair in the game of war and snowball fights Shadow."

My eyes narrow as she uses my words against me, and I quickly duck as another snowball is thrown my way. She runs towards me laughing, several snowballs tucked under her arm ready to throw.

Winding up her throw, she suddenly tips slightly to the side. Blinking slowly, the snowball falls from her hand as she collapses backwards into the snow.

.
.
.

Sonic's POV:

I was shocked when the black hedgehog came banging on my door in the middle of the night with Amy in his arms. He explained that she suddenly collapsed while they were outside, and we urgently called Tails.

The fox groggily walks in the door, his sleepiness melting away once he sees Amy's state. He immediately hooks her up to all sorts of machines, and I grimace as he pricks her skin to put an IV in. Amy's always had a fear of needles, and it's most likely for the best that she's unconscious right now.

"Everything is normal, I just don't understand."

I glance at Shadow, and notice his worried expression as he looks at Amy. "Robotnik, Eggman, whatever your team calls him, could be responsible for her condition. When he electrocuted her, I sensed chaos energy. It could be effecting her Mobian structure."

That makes sense I guess.

"Well how do we fix it?"

I look hopefully to Tails, but I quickly notice the frown on his face.

"I'm a little out of my depth Sonic, I've never worked with chaos energy before."

"I have."

Shadow walks over to Amy, and places his hand on her pink head.

"She has been a good friend to me, and I truly want to help her. Chaos energy is imbued into my body, and she's always had a knack for sensing chaos energy."

Wait, what??

"Since when could she do that?"

"She never told you?"

"...I guess not."

If she's been able to sense chaos energy this entire time, how come she never told me?

"Regardless of if my skills are competent enough to save her, the only one who will truly know what to do is Robotnik."

Feeling my anger bubble up, I angrily point to Amy laying on the couch.

"He's the entire reason she's in this condition!!There's no way we're bringing her back to that psychopath!"

Shadow crosses his arms. "Do you want her back to her normal giggly self, or do you prefer her bedridden for the rest of her life?"

My ears flatten. Memories of me and Amy from when we were younger flash through my mind, her laugh echoing around in my head.

I'm being selfish.

"We can't help her here Sonic, maybe Shadow is right."

To my surprise, even Tails backs up Shadow.

"....Fine. But I don't like the feeling of this."