𝟏𝟎𝟎𝐊 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

as you all know, i let you guys pick which bonus scene you'd like to read once this story hit 100k, and i've had the scene written for a few weeks now, but i delayed releasing it because the super talented soulofstaars has been working on a ship video for cal and arthur! and i'm so so thankful for her hard work on this video!! it's truly amazing, and I know you guys will love it! so thanks to everyone who has stuck with this story for 47 chapters, and thanks again to julia for taking the time to bring our favorite characters' relationship to life!

ISNT IT A MASTERPIECE??? IM SO IN LOVE
and the winner for the bonus scene is....NUMBER TWO:
Arthur and Uther conversation after Cal wins the duels!
(it would be somewhere between ch.14-15)

There is no plausible way to predict what his father will say.

Arthur can only stare at his back as they walk through castle corridors. The King's quick footsteps echo and bounce off the walls, and without even a glance to his facial expressions, Arthur knows he isn't happy. The others aren't too far behind, including Calliope. He can picture the confident grin that will appear on her face the second she enters the Council Chambers. She's too smug for her own good. It might be the one thing that holds her back from his father honoring the deal. 

Watching her fight was a unique experience. He's never seen someone move the way she does—so fluid and graceful and agile, almost like everything, even her opponent's moves are meticulously rehearsed and planned by her. She detects every small movement; every twitch or shift. She can pinpoint a weakness faster than he's ever seen. It's impressive, in a very haunting and concerning way. He wonders if she already knows all his weaknesses. After all, she caught on to his old knee injury, which only ever hurts when the weather is changing, during a simple conversation, and he never even noticed her looking at his knee.

Every time he thinks he knows her, something happens to make him rethink all his assumptions, and Arthur only ever winds up with more and more questions. She's breathtakingly beautiful. With a glance, she could be mistaken for royalty to strangers, but there's something else behind those intense, crystal-blue eyes. The way they harden and turn cold when people get too close, or in small moments when she thinks he's not looking, he can tell her mind wanders to a dark place.

The aura around her feels lethal, like if he inches too close, it will cost him. Maybe just his heart, maybe even more. He can't decide if he fully trusts her or not. Reaching that step feels like jumping off a cliff, and he can't see where he'll land.

The sound of his father letting out an aggravated breath jolts his mind back into reality. Arthur shakes off thoughts of Calliope, and raises his eyes to meet the King's stare.

"How did she beat our best knights?" He says through clenched teeth. "You've been letting them slack off. It's the only explanation."

Arthur almost scoffs. Of course his father would find a way to blame him for this, "They aren't used to fighting like that. She's obviously been trained with a very brutal and fluid fighting style, and it's extremely effective."

"And where did she acquire these skills?" Uther asks.

"I don't know. I think her father may have taught her."

The King laughs, "Is that what she told you?" Arthur furrows his eyebrows as Uther turns his back to him. "No, she's hiding something. This girl is dangerous, Arthur," the King looks over his shoulder.

"Having her on our side is a smart move," Arthur says. "I'll admit she is...unpredictable, but why let her skills go to waste when they can be used for the betterment of Camelot's defenses?"

"Because she can't be trusted!" The King has turned back to him now, his eyes blazing. "And you must not let whatever personal feelings you may have about her cloud your judgement." When confusion appears on Arthur's face, his father gives him a knowing stare. "I see the way you look at her, Arthur. I'm not blind, and I'm not an idiot."

"Father, I don't—"

Uther holds up his hand to stop him from saying more. Arthur swallows, trying not to give away too much as he maintains a neutral facial expression, "As long as you do not act on your feelings, we won't have a problem. Calliope is dear to Gaius, and she can remain in this city as long as she stays in line, and you keep your feelings in check." The King steps closer, his voice stern and commanding. "And if I do sense that you've lost the ability to restrain yourself, I will take it upon myself to find a woman who suits you better, order you to marry her, and banish Calliope from the city. Am I understood?"

Arthur's shoulders fall as he looks to the floor and nods, "Yes, Father."

"Now, go let everyone in," Uther says. "I have reached a decision."