𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

CHAPTER NINETEEN
THE BEGINNING OF THE END ( ii. )

"He's burning up

"He's burning up. How long has he been like this?"

Merlin leans over the druid boy with his hand on his head as he sleeps. A thin layer of sweat covers his entire body, and Calliope fears his condition will only get worse. How are they going to get him out of Camelot like this?

Morgana looks at Merlin with worry etching her eyes, "Since early this morning. I think his wound may be infected."

"Shit," Calliope breathes, standing up and putting her hands behind her head.

"We need Gaius before it gets any worse."

As Merlin moves his hand away from the boy's head, he sighs deeply, "We can't involve Gaius. It's to dangerous. Besides, if he finds out about this he'll execute me himself."

"We need to get him out of Camelot, and we can't do that while he's sick. We need a physician."

The look in Merlin's eyes is a signal that he's coming up with a very fucking stupid plan, "I'll treat him."

Calliope scoffs, "Merlin, I hate to break it to you, but that's a terrible idea. You have no idea how to treat an infected wound."

"I'm a fast learner."

Before Calliope can continue to tell Merlin how awful his plan is, footsteps echo closer to the door. The three people by the druid boy exchange worried glances when an urgent knock reverberates through the room.

Morgana glances between Calliope and Merlin, motioning for them to stay silent, and then she stands, yanking the red curtains closed to hide them from whoever is at the door.

Her heels click against the floor as she approaches the door. Merlin moves the curtain back slightly so he and Calliope can see what's going on. When the door creaks open, they hear Morgana greeting someone.

"Arthur," she says. The blond prince strolls into the room, his blue eyes scanning around carefully. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Don't get all excited. It's not a social call. We're looking for the druid boy," he turns to face Morgana. "I'm afraid we're going to have to search your chambers." Shit.

"You're not searching my chambers."

With a long sigh, he places his hands on his hips, "Don't take it personally. I have to search the entire castle. It will only take a few minutes."

This is not good. All the prince has to do to find the druid boy is pull back the red curtains, where he would also find two other accomplices that Uther would probably want on the chopping block with him. Calliope's heart pounds. She glances over nervously at Merlin as Arthur begins looking around.

"I'm not having you mess up my things," Morgana says in an annoyed tone.

"I'm not interested in your things. I'm just looking for evidence that the druid boy is in the castle."