9. FAKE LOVE

1 WEEK

MPUMI

I wake up and do my morning routine. Yesterday we got home and finished off our assignments, they are complete so now we just got to wait for these dates to appear and we submit. We always did this. We submitted our first one and class was hectic.

Zito: Girl, lets go..
Me: where ?
Zito: Reuben’s house.
Me: (folds arms) NO
Zito: why ?
Me: he’s your man, not mine…
Zito: you’re accompanying me though.
Me: nope.
Zito: please…

I look at her.

Me: why ?
Zito: please…
Me: I know…

She looks at me

Zito: what ?
Me: I’m not into Sergio. He’s not my type.
Zito: uhh…
Me: you heard me.

I walk away

Zito: they thought…
Me: nope…
Zito: we can’t really guarantee...
Me: I do not like SERGIO.
Zito: it’s not about liking…
Me: (folds arms) nah.
Zito: say that to Steven ke. Let’s go so you can tell Steven that and see if he will listen to you
Me: fine… lets go.

We head out and to my surprise, Reuben is outside.

Me: mhh
Reuben: hi

I see Lion next to him and turn to Zithulele.

Zito: Come…

She enters the car and I follow. I put on my ear pods and listen to music.

A FEW MINUTES LATER.

We arrive at the huge mansion with tight security. We enter the yard and there are multiple cars with no number plates on them. The car stops and we go out the car. Zito leads the way and I follow. I was so fed up, they wanted me near her 25/8 because they wanted me near Sergio. No.

Zito: Hi…
Steven: hi Rubi…

He sees me.

Steven: Mpumi.
Me: hello.

Reuben and Lion enter.

Steven: what brings you to the Redello household.
Me: (folds arms) I need to speak to you…

Sergio appears and he starts smiling.

Me: in Private…
Steven: oh.. Kay…
Me: lead the way Mr Redello.

He leaves and I follow him.

IN THE OFFICE.

Steven: how can I help you Mpumi.
Me: it’s about the Red eye shit…
Steven: huh ?
Me: I’m not attracted to your son. None of them.

He looks at me.

Steven: huh ?
Me: I don’t want to be with Sergio. I see him as a friend, nothing more, nothing less.

He folds his arms.

Steven: We did believe that you are Sergio’s soulmate until I see this other girl at your club and how she acts around him.
Me: hmm…
Steven: It was a false alarm.
Me: yes.
Steven: you don’t love Sergio ?
Me: no… (sighs) I can’t be loved. It should never happen like that
Steven: what do you mean ?
Me: what I mean is…

KNOCK ON DOOR

I turn around and its some guard

Guard: I’m sorry to disturb you. But Sir, They are here.

I turn to Steven

Me: uh… let me leave
Steven: okay… I’m sorry for the inconvenience Mpumi.

I get up.

Me: yeah, it’s okay.

I walk out the room and find Hazel

Me: oh fuck…

She sees me.

Hazel: wow, you are following me neh
Me: nope, never that.

Lion appears.

Lion: (deep voice) and then ??
Hazel: she is following me.
Lion: really now (looks at me)
Me: (rolls eyes)

Sergio appears with Serino.

Serino: Haze…
Hazel: hi…
Me: (mimics her) hi…

They look at me.

Me: stop acting. Your voice is deeper than that.
Hazel: come on Mpumi. You can’t be acting like…
Me: hey save it wena, piece of shit…

I push her and walk away. I leave the house and sit down by the door. I listen to music to calm myself down.

Me: (breathes in and out) I WONT ALLOW HAZEL TO MAKE ME MAD. (×3)

I send Zito a message that I left and leave. I was still very unhappy regarding how me and Obakeng ended. It hurt. 3 years down the drain, not only did he kiss Hazel, he fucked her… he’s been fucking her even before this whole “VIP ROOM DRAMA”

20 MINUTES LATER

ZITO

I head downstairs and find the guys and …

Me: and the wena ufunani lah ?
Hazel: weh ?? what are you doing here ??
Me: uyang’dina yho, don’t you get tired of ruining people’s lives.
Hazel: haibo… what did I do
Lion: whats wrong ?
Me: where is Mpumi ?
Lion: probably outside…
Me: oh sure…

I walk out and there is no sign of Mpumi. I grab my phone and call her.

I.C.E. BESTIE

Hi, it’s Triple N, I’m not available right now. Please leave your name and reason you called and I’ll get back to you.

Me: shit..

I get a notification of her message which states that she left for home, she’s not feeling well. I go inside and grab my stuff

Reuben: and then baby ??
Me: I gotta go, Mpumi is not doing okay…
Serino: she probably misses her…
Me: shut up…

There is silence. I look around and notice what caused her to leave.

Me: what did you say you her you slut…
Lion: whoah, whats up Zee…
Me: this bitch is the reason why Nicole isn’t okay.
Lion: how do you know that…
Serino: yeah, how do you know that…

Hazel holds onto lion like some crazy bitch…

Me: you’re lucky my friend needs me… I was gonna beat your ugly ass up…
Lion: Your friend has moods
Hazel: yes…
Me: (looks at Lion) do you even know who this girl is or you’re just hung onto her because you got a piece of the community pussy
Serino: (laughs) well damn, community pussy…

Lion looks at Him and he stops laughing.

Hazel: I don’t know what I did to them, it’s shared beef because they are beasties.
Me: (chuckles) after half the shit you put Mpumi through since she came here till now, you wanna say all this shit you stupid girl.
Lion: what did she do…
Hazel: I don’t know what’s she’s talking about…
Me: you always meddle in her private affairs. 1stly, you told everyone in campus that she ran away from home and tarnished her reputation for her father cheating on his wife with her mother to have her. 2ndly, you told people she was poor and it resulted to her actually choosing to become a stripper because of you, she didn’t like the names you called her, lastly You lied to her boyfriend about her sleeping with Sergio in the VIP room…
Lion/Sergio: what ??
Me: saying that the scars she had were from Sergio, bitch someone actually beat her up that night in the club. She had a black eye… who gets fucked in the VIP ROOM and leaves with a black eye. Fuego would never allow that and you know because you are constantly in that ROOM. Watch your words before you speak about Mpumi ever again, that’s my bestie, remember when I almost stabbed you, I will do it. And this time it won’t be once, I’ll slit your throat.. (Clicks tongue)

I walk out and request an uber. Trying to get hold of her. My uber arrives after a few minutes and I leave.

LION

My heart was beating really fast. I can’t believe I brought a girl who brought so much pain in her life into the house and sided with her not knowing what happened to her.

…: I think it’s best if you leave…

I look and its Dad.

Hazel: I made mistakes…
Sergio: you made the last mistake a week ago and literally had the same attitude towards her.
Hazel: I said I’m sorry though (looks at me) please forgive me…

I let her go and run upstairs. I try to get in touch with her.

Hi, it’s Triple N, I’m not available right now. Please leave your name and reason you called and I’ll get back to you.

Me: shit… Mpumi come on…