19. Facing a Fear.

Start from the beginning

Once you were past the crowds, a little away from the obnoxious gazes you kept receiving, you left a heavy sigh of relief. Your heart was beating faster than usual due to how worried you were. You didn't like the presence here much.

Knowing Aaron too would be around, you expected more to come. He could cause a public commotion here in front of many guests. The last thing you wanted was another rumor going on about how you were the unfaithful partner in that relationship.

Ningguang soon came out from her personal chambers and greeted everyone at the party. She recalled the events of the year, not to forget the reconstruction of the Jade Chamber as well. As she continued to mention other important events of the year, your eyes caught the person you didn't want to see.

Aaron was seated not too far away from you and unfortunately, he noticed your gaze. He looked at you and held a little smile on his face, not a good one in fact. You immediately looked away from him.

A shiver went behind you as you had no idea what that smile meant.

"Did you already find the rotten apple amid the crowd?" Kaveh asked nonchalantly as he picked up his glass of wine that was served on the table.

You nod your head and replied as you picked up the glass of wine, taking a slight sip. "Unfortunately so." 

You noticed how Kaveh's eyes slowly move towards another place. You knew who he was looking at. But one thing you noticed was that his eyes had a glint of threat in it. 

Almost as if he was about to threaten someone.

"Kaveh, do you know him? personally or something?" you asked out of the blue, successfully getting back his attention.

"As much as I hate to pry into your personal life Y/n, I cannot just tell how I know him without even knowing your past with him. But trust me, I have no connections with him." Kaveh said as he sat back with his arms crossed.

You slightly grinned at his deal.

"Is that a new contract deal? me telling about my past and you telling what you know?" You said as you came a little forward and rested your chin on your laced fingers.

He had his iconic grin on his face. "I have no problem making another contract with you." He said.

Just as you brought your hand out to agree with this new contract, a man in his 60s who was a businessman interrupted the two of you. He wanted to speak to Kaveh personally, hence the man had taken Kaveh along with him to another table where many other business men sat, discussing.

Kaveh turned around looking at you slightly startled, but you grinned at him and waved a bye.

After a while you still were left alone. You were on your fourth glass of wine as the party continued on. It was getting boring.

One of the attendant came to give you a note. You thought it was from Yelan but no, it was from the Yuheng? She wanted to meet you at the place the attendant would lead you to.

You thought for a moment but from the amount of wine you had consumed, you felt slightly tired to think about it. Since Kaveh was still busy talking to the others, you left with the attendant without telling a word to him.

As the two of you walk through the halls, the attendant stopped on her track. She asked you to wait there for a few minutes as the Yuheng was busy talking to other people and would arrive soon.

You agreed to this but little did you know, it wasn't the Yuheng who wished to meet you. It was Aaron. He bribed the attendant to bring you here.

Upon seeing him you took two steps back as your mood was ruined seeing him walk towards you, adjusting his sleeves.

"What's with the hostility Y/n? I just wanted to talk to you, my dear." Aaron said with a grin on his face. He adjusted his watch as he strode up towards you.

"Don't even get closer to me you bastard! Hah, don't you even have the slightest sense that you shouldn't even try hooking with a woman who is already taken?! Leave." You said threateningly. 

Aaron fell into a hysterical laughter. You stood there confused but you only kept looking at him as you wanted to end this once and for all.

"You? Taken? Pft! That guy Kaveh? Hahaha, you really amuse me Y/n!" Aaron said as he wiped his fake tears away. You held your fists tightly and decided to walk away as you didn't want to continue speaking to him.

As you tried walking away, he quickly caught your wrist. He held it tightly in his hands and pushed you towards the wall, leaving you no room to escape. His face was dangerously close to you and you could also see the glint of danger from the look in his eyes.

"I'll be honest, I enjoyed playing your little game but you are using Kaveh only for your advantage I assume? Once he goes back, your deal will be over and you wouldn't even know each other, am I right, my love ? " Aaron said. 

You only continued to stare back at him with anger. You wanted to break free off his grasp and smack him right across his face but you couldn't. 

You felt weak. You felt vulnerable.

"That's not true..." You managed to mumble out as you tried avoiding his threatening gaze. He chuckled. He bent towards your ears and whispered as you felt his breath. You were disgusted to the point your hands trembled.

The next words he told out was something you didn't know would hurt you so much. You stood in middle of a dilemma.

"Then tell it Y/n, Tell me by looking into my eyes that you love him so very much." He said. You stood there frozen as you no words came out of your throat.

Lucky enough, when Aaron heard sounds of an approaching footstep, he was distracted. You took this moment to smack him in his gut and ran away. He stood there wincing as he held his gut, out of the pain.

You excused yourself out of the party as tears began rolling down your eyes. You were afraid because you didn't know what happened to you. Why couldn't you just say you liked Kaveh to him, wouldn't it have ended everything.

END — CHAPTER 19.

A/n: Aaron being a bitch can he go jump off a cliff already this is the first time I'm hating the very own villain I created

ANYWAY TY FOR THE SUPPORT HOPE YOUR ENJOYING THE CHAPTERS <3 Double update today real.