Chapter 9: Triangle

Start from the beginning

Shionome-sensei smiled seeing the current state of the class, but other than that she didn't show much of a reaction. As usual, sensei teaches us without the slightest concern for one or two students who are asleep or playing with their phones.

***

During lunchtime, Minami asked me to have lunch with him at the cafeteria. Unfortunately, Iwa and Gilang were busy with the club so they couldn't eat with us. The cafeteria as usual is quite crowded. After buying food, we had to walk a few minutes to find an empty place. Luckily we found a long table at the end of the cafeteria and quickly sat down before someone else took it.

"It's not usually this crowded," Minami said. "Is there a new food that I missed?"

"Does not seem to be the case." I didn't see anything new on the menu when I bought my food. Even if there is, usually a picture of it will be displayed at the entrance.

"Well, whatever. What matters is that we get seats."

We were just about to start eating our food when I heard my sister's voice calling me in the distance. "Yukiharu!"

I saw her with her friends, Shiraishi, Hayashi, Haruno, and Itsuka. Meanwhile, Kaname and Okada were nowhere to be seen. Minami froze at the sound of her voice. I ignored the guy and waved at my sister and her company. They walked over to us, each with their own trays of food.

"Sorry, Yukiharu. Can we sit here?" Nee-chan asked. "The other tables are occupied."

"Sure. Shinji, you don't mind right?"

"Of course, please sit down," Minami answered quickly.

"But, Yukie-chan, there are only six seats," said Haruno. "One of us won't get a seat."

"Don't worry, you guys just sit down. I'll find another chair," Minami said as he stood up.

"Oh, thank you very much."

Minami kindly gave her his seat and then left us while the girls occupied the seat and placed their trays on the table. Shiraishi took a place at the end of the table, to my right. Meanwhile, Nee-chan sat on my left.

"Hey, Yukiharu." Shiraishi greeted me as she sat down. "You don't look very excited. Did you not sleep well last night?"

"Well, a little."

"Then make sure you get enough sleep tonight. Otherwise, you will tire easily and have trouble concentrating."

"She's right," Nee-chan chimed in. "It's also bad for your skin. Girls don't like it when your skin gets wrinkled."

Shiraishi giggled at that. I could only sigh at my sister's slightly exaggerated worries. "I know. It's only happened once, I won't be staying up that often.

Not long after Minami came back with an extra chair. Haruno immediately moved her chair a little bit to make room for him. Now everyone's attention is focused on Minami whom they just met.

"What's your name?" Haruno asked.

"Minami Shinji from class C. I'm Yukiharu's friend."

"I see, Minami-kun, right? I'm Haruno Kyouko, nice to meet you."

"Wait, I've heard of you," Itsuka blurted out. "The seniors from the sports club talk about you a lot. They say all the sports clubs are trying to recruit you but you turned them down."

"Wel...I have my reasons," said Minami.

"Don't tell me this sloth affects you..." Nee-chan said while pointing at me. What the hell? Don't just accuse me, please.