Bonus Chapter - Restaurant

Jay saw him as soon as he entered the fancy restaurant.
Jay instantly liked all of the contradictions in this person. He seemed young, but something in his eyes showed a lot of maturity. His jawline was sharp, but he somehow had round cheeks and -

Oh lowrd

Dimples

Jay found himself smiling involuntarily until he felt someone elbowing him.

"Are you okay?" asked his coworker. "Table 6 is ready to order I think."

Jay shook his head, how could have he been this distracted on a Saturday night?
He sighed before taking control of his facial expression again and walking towards his table.

"Shall we place your order?" he asked his clients with a simple yet effective smile.

It took a while as said table had several questions about the menu. Jay was used to it, though. Menus of gourmet restaurants always had a mysterious way to present -and name- their dishes after all.

When everyone was settled, Jay came back to the kitchen to inform the cooks.

Once back in his zone, Sunghoon's eyes called him.

"Can we trade tables?" he asked in a professional whisper.
"Why?" asked Jay suspiciously.
"Cutipie sitting alone" explained Sunghoon, slightly nodding in said direction.

Jay choked on his saliva.

The handsome customer he had seen, or rather the handsome customer that had taken the focus of his mind, was actually sitting at one of his tables.

"No way, he's in my zone, he's my customer" replied Jay.
"But-" started Sunghoon.
"I'm not letting you flirt with every single handsome people that comes in here. I'm single too you know?" replied Jay.
"But you don't even like flirting!" replied Sunghoon as Jay walked towards his line customer with a menu.

"Good evening sir, my name is Jay and I will be your waiter tonight" he said with a gentle smile.
"Hi" replied the customer, quite shyly.
"Here is our menu" he said giving it to him. "Feel free to ask me if have any questions."
"Thank you" replied the young man.
"May I bring you anything to drink already?" asked Jay.

The customer stopped to think.

"I'll take a cola, please" he finally decided.
"Very well" replied Jay, leaving him to get to his other tables.

He would have wanted to boast to Sunghoon about how handsome his lone customer was, and even more so from up close, however Saturdays were busy and Sunghoon had a lot of customers to wait as well.

Finally, Jay saw his handsome customer put the menu down, unspoken sign that he was ready to order.

I'll name him Dimplepie.

As he walked towards him, Jay couldn't help wondering why he was here alone.
Was he a critic?
Or simply someone that liked being alone?

Or someone who didn't have anyone to come here with?

That last thought broke Jay's heart a little, even though he couldn't even know if it was true.
He truly hoped that the reason for Dimplepie's loneliness wasn't due to a lack of friends.

"Do you have any questions sir?" asked Jay
"Hummm no I don't think so" said Dimplepie. "I'll take the second menu, please."
"Good choice, sir" confirmed Jay. "May I ask how you prefer your meat cooked?"
"Medium rare" informed Dimplepie.

Jay nodded, taking mental notes about the orders as much as about every single detail about his customer's perfect face.

"I'll be right back with your order, but if there's anything else, feel free to call me" Jay said, before doing something he had never done as a waiter.

Something he shouldn't have done at all.

Yet before he could have stopped himself, the deed was done.

He had winked at his customer.

STUPID BRAIN STUPID BRAIN STU-

IS HE BLUSHING?

Jay ran away from the situation, still insulting himself inside, as well as feeling his heart warming up to Dimplepie's blushing.

Fortunately, the restaurant was pretty busy, and so was he obviously.

However, he still made sure to stay a little longer at Dimplepie's side, talking a bit to him more than to his other customers.

He soon learned that Dimplepie's real name was Jungwon, and it fitted him so well.

Unfortunately, time didn't stop and soon, Jay was bringing Jungwon his dessert, the last course of his menu.

"Thank you" replied Jungwon, smiling at the beautifully prepared dish.
"You're very welcome" replied Jay.

And as the waiter left Jungwon's table, he heard the latter starting to sing.
It was with a very low, yet distinctively beautiful voice.

Jay's heart shattered as he recognized the song.

Is it really..
his birthday?

He instantly turned back, walking to Jungwon's table. If Jungwon was whispering his own birthday song, it meant he didn't want to be a big fuss, but Jay still didn't want him to be alone for it, even though he had to work.

So he stopped next to him and leaned a little bit, whispering the last two sentences of the birthday song.
Jungwon stopped in shock, his face turned to look at the waiter.

"To youu~" finished Jay, smiling at Jungwon.

"Sorry" he instantly added, realizing how upsetting that must have been to Jungwon.

In fact the latter still looked surprised.

"It's just that, I heard and well-" continued Jay.
"Thank you" whispered Jungwon.

His low voice cracked a bit and Jay could see the shadow of a tear in Jungwon's eyes.

That's when Jay realized that his fear was true.
Jungwon had come in here for his birthday alone, because he had no one to celebrate it with.

"Happy birthday" repeated Jay, placing his hand on Jungwon's shoulder.

~

"Though evening hu?" commented Sunghoon, exhausted.

Jay nodded in silence. His mind was fully upset by Jungwon's lonely birthday song. His heart shattered by the hauntingly sad scene.
He regretted not having done more, but what could he have done?

Given his number to Jungwon?
Inviting him to drink something afterwards?

All highly inappropriate for a waiter.

But at the same time... regret consummated his whole being.

~

Once changed, Jay left the restaurant by the back door, breathing in the cold winter night.

He hid his face in his scarf, starting to walk home.

"Ex-excuse me"

Jay frowned as he turned around, face to face with a red nosed Jungwon.

"Jungwon?" asked Jay surprised.

"Can, uhm, can I invite you for a drink?" he asked shyly.
"With pleasure" replied Jay, with the brightest smile.

Hi everyone!
This little jaywon bonus chapter is my birthday present for you all, as I know you miss this book
Let's all wish a happy birthday to our leader Yang, beat boy ❤️

Please stay healthy and remember to eat and rest well

With love,
Big sis AuthorNim