Chapter 62 [The Haunted Village Arc]: Abnormalities

Ramon is fully certain that the child in his arms clearly threatened him with death. He doesn't know how to feel about it, but the child's voice sounded serious, as though he is already a grown up man.

However, since it was really a child, and there is no way for him to fully understand what he is saying, he chose to just give him a little scolding. "Child, that is not how you should act towards elder people. And you should not say those words as you please."

Manong stared at him for a long time, then all of a sudden, tears started streaming down his innocent face. He sobbed in front of him and even widely opening his mouth so he can cry louder.

Amara, who is busy cooking their dinner by the fire, turned her eyes to them and frowned, "What is happening?"

Ramon doesn't know what to tell her, he can't even tell her that he scolded her child.

Manong only pointed at him and cried some more, "Mother, he slapped me!"

"I would never do such a thing!" He immediately exclaimed as soon as he heard the accusation. He really didn't use his hand against the child, and he never did that to children, not once in his life. With this accusation, especially coming from a child, there's high chance that Amara would believe the child.

Just thinking about it, the sly attitude of this kid is wildly terrifying. Now his image towards the woman he admires is already brought to ruins.

She only looked questioningly at him, but she didn't probe anymore. She then approached them and took Manong to calm him down. "Hush now, Manong, Ramon said he didn't hurt you."

"He did!" Manong cried, even though having a hard time to speak, still pointing at him, "Mother, I. Don't like. Him!"

She frowned at first, but didn't ask for the reason. Sighing, she said to the child, "Alright, stay with me then."

The child beamed hearing this, and wrapped his little arms around her mother's neck. She carried him carefully, his face looking to her back. As soon as Amara turned around towards the fire, Manong gave him a smug look, and stuck out his tongue as if to make fun of him.

Ramon could only shake his head in a depressed manner upon realizing how an infant did him dirty in front of a woman!

It was too late in the night when Amara finished cooking dinner. She was hoping that by this time her husband would wake up, but she found him still sound asleep. She then made it a choice that she will wake him up after her chores.

Since it was a chilly evening, she cooked Pork Sinigang. It is a staple dish, especially in the Sitan tribe, cooked in a rich broth mixed with any sour fruit, most preferrably a tamarind.

Ramon presented to carry the food to the cart since she is carrying the sleeping Manong on her arms. He then helped her board the cart.

She originally wanted them to eat outside, but she remembered it was safer in the cart since they are protected by a strong barrier that Raha Sitan created.

Speaking of the devil, she heard him moaning, indicating that he is already awake from his slumber.

She already prepared a bowl of Pork Sinigang and a plate of rice for him, so she approached him while carrying Manong, and gently called his name, "Raha, Raha, my dear husband. Your dinner is ready."

Raha Sitan frowned on the way she addressed him, but he is not upset. Rather, it made him feel good. He slowly opened his eyes, and playfully peeked at her beautiful facade. "My dear wife, did you just call me by my first name?"

She clearly knows that it is rude to call her husband by his first name, but the latter would prefer that she addresses him this way. To Raha Sitan, the way his name escaped his wife's delicate lips, is the sexiest thing she'd ever done today. Gods, he wants to make love with her now.