Chapter 24 [Evil Forest Arc]: Danger

Mature Content Warning:
This chapter may contain mature scenes that are not suitable for children. If you are easily offended or are under the age of 18, please skip this chapter now. This chapter is intended for adults only and may include sexual contents that are not suitable for children. Reader discretion is advised.

Raha Sitan couldn't speak. He feels like a mountain is pounding on his chest. He could feel the potion spreading in his body, reaching his stomach and causing it to churn painfully. He had no idea the potion would be so potent that it was severely affecting him.

He shuddered at the prospect of his wife's power. She learned to make a high-quality potion in just two weeks. Why did Bagani Hiraya squander her potential?

Ah, shit!

His face became paler, and his crimson eyes became despondent.

It hurts, it really hurts. I feel like I'm going to die.

He clawed his chest as he collapsed to the ground with a loud thud.

"H-Husband!" Amara rushed to his aid, taking him in her arms. "What is going on with you?"

"Don't do it, wife; the blood will stain your clothes."

"That's irrelevant right now, stupid!"

She was simply hugging him while constantly worrying. She has no idea what to do as Raha Sitan vomits more blood, almost soaking the upper part of his robe.

When she saw all the blood in him, she went numb. In her mind, a scene from her dream in which Raha Sitan appeared injured formed, and she began to quiver in fear and panic.

What exactly is this? What is going on with him?

He was fine a while ago, just talking normally to Manong and even being humorous.

Why is he vomiting blood now, as if he's about to die?

Amara momentarily shifted her gaze to Manong. "Please give me the potion!"

Manong shook his head, disheartened. "Father might be in more danger if he drinks the potion you made."

Amara was stunned in her place. "What did you just say?"

"Potions made with Kabutihan mahika are like poison to him; the higher the quality, the greater the risk to his life," Manong explained. "That is one of the disadvantages of being an immortal favored by Apo Sitan."

She turned to look at Raha Sitan, wide-eyed. "Then why did you drink the potion if it's bad for you? Do you have a death wish or something?"

Raha Sitan's breathing became intense as he fixed his eyes on her. "You blew on it, and I was envious when you offered it to Manong, and I don't want him to drink from it."

Amara wanted to punch him in the face. But she kept her cool and began to question him. "How then, my dear husband, do I heal you?"

"Kabutihan spells will not work on me either, my dear wife."

She questioned him with a yell. "Then how can I save you? Are you planning on making me a widow?"

Raha Sitan coughed once more. "I'm fine, my wife."

"How about the magical water?" she noted as she remembered the lake.

Raha Sitan made a shaky motion with his head. "It will restore my energy, but its healing properties will not be effective on me."