Chapter 57: Don't Leave

Raha Sitan slowly opened his eyes when he felt the cold breeze fanning his face. He tried to remember what happened before everything went black.

Ah, right, I accidentally showed Amara how I miserably died by the hands of his Apo.

He sat up, his smile looked sad and bitter when he found himself alone in the room. She must've left him, maybe she'll ask for divorce, maybe she's packing up her things now to leave him for good. He wanted to cheer himself up, but he couldn't stop the negative thoughts clouding on his mind.

I fucked up. Gods, I did something stupid, showing my dear wife that abominable memory.

He gritted his teeth when he felt his tears flowing down from his face, he then grabbed on to the sheets when he started sobbing.

"Huh? Husband, you're awake now?" The door to the room opened, and Amara walked inside, carrying a basin of water and towel. She placed the basin on a nearby table and hurriedly approached him. She cupped his damp face, concern is visible in her frowning face. "Are you alright? Did you have a bad dream?" She then embraced him and repeatedly caressed his long black hair, that is now unkempt and tangled all over. "Hush now, my dear husband. You're okay, it was just a dream. I am here now."

Raha Sitan's face instantly turned red the moment he heard those soothing words. He doesn't know how to react, whether to cry and fall in love with his wife more, or to pounce on her just so he could confirm that everything that's happening right now is not a dream. "W-What happened?"

Amara's arms tightened around his shoulders. "You suddenly lost your consciousness a while ago." Her voice almost cracked when she spoke. "I thought something bad happened to you, but thank the gods you're alright. And you were burning up earlier that is why I went out to fetch some water."

"My wife, you don't have to worry about me, I am alright. I'm more concerned about you since you just woke and you're still injured." He gently pushed her and looked up at her. His eyes windened a bit when he saw his wife's expression, she's trying to stop herself from crying. However, when he showed her a gentle smile, she broke down and cried. She even knelt down in front him as she tightly held on to his robe.

"What are you saying?" She sobbed to him. "I'm perfectly fine, I don't feel any pain in my body right now!"

It was his turn to cup her face, which is now full of tears. "My dear wife, I won't believe you if you are crying to me like that." His gentle smile turned mischievous the moment he thought of something moronic. "I should check your body, just in case I missed something that is causing you pain right now. Would you please take off your clothes in front of me?"

Amara immediately stopped crying upon hearing his request. Her face was flushing red at first, but then her eyes turned sharp. "Raha Sitan, you!" She swiftly stood up, her hands reached for a pillow and used it to hit her pervert of a husband. "And here I was, worried that your past might cause you depression. But all you ever think was making ways to make love with me? You are really out of your mind!"

His vivacious laugh filled the room while receiving her hits without complain, he was even forced to lie down on the bed because of what she's doing. "At least I have stopped you from crying. It's better for me to relive the memories of me making love with you till morning, than think back on the bad things that happened to me in the past."

Amara's face turned gloomy from her husband's remarks. "I should ask the Inangs to sew your mouth shut so you wouldn't speak of such ill things!"

"My dear wife, please have mercy on me!" Raha Sitan continued to laugh, glad that everything is real, and that his wife didn't leave. And with the extreme relief he's feeling, he started to cry again. He covered his face so he could hide this from his wife, but he wasn't able to conceal his whimpers.