Chapter 37 [Hidden Tribe Arc]: The Tribe of the South

When Amara realized the Sitan tribe's entire territory was very different from what she had anticipated, she was literally rendered speechless. She mistakenly believed it to be a village or a small town. However, the territory is actually extremely vast, and she can determine that the tribe's city is far larger than Humabon City or Halina City.

She would learn from this experience not to undervalue her husband's capabilities in managing such a sizable tribe despite his absence for three hundred years.

"My wife, welcome to the Kayamanan City, the center of the Sitan tribe!"

Her husband introduced the said city with an air of confidence.

She concurred with his assertion that Kayamanan City is a genuinely stunning place to live. In spite of the fact that it is always night in the Panganib Forest, the city is bustling with bright lights, shops selling a variety of goods, people chatting here and there, even small children happily playing.

Manong, who was dragged along by Amara, simply grimaced and said, "You shouldn't be too loud, father."

He was instead shoved aside by Raha Sitan. "I'll have fun with your mother, then. If you have any objections, get out of here!"

Amara shook her head, weary of her husband and child constantly taunting each other.

"When are you two going to stop fighting?"

Raha Sitan could only frown. "My wife, I wouldn't contend with him if he didn't express his idiotic opinion."

Manong rolled his eyes at his father and said, "Mother, what have you ever loved from a man like him? He's clearly not a good father figure for me."

Raha Sitan only arched his brow in bemusement as he spoke condescendingly. "You're definitely not a good son for me either."

"Will you two just stop it?" Amara can't stand it any longer, so she started yelling at them, "I'm going to leave you and travel around the city alone if you don't stop fighting right now!"

Apo Bathala, how could you call these two the two most vile characters in [The Hidden Treasure]?

In my opinion, no they're not. They are essentially like cats and dogs!

Manong immediately pursed his lips and regarded Amara with wide eyes. On the other hand, Raha Sitan covered his mouth as he gaped at her in bewilderment.

Amara appreciates how silent everything became as a result.

They walked to a busy street and continued their trip there.

The locals gave them a warm welcome. Despite their prominent status, Raha Sitan and Manong were quite modest. They weren't arrogant or boastful; in fact, they have a very pleasant countenance.

Amara was also greeted by the people, some of whom would offer her protracted looks of awe and admiration. In addition, they gave her a few gifts. Even though they flocked to her, Raha Sitan asked for seclusion, which was instantly granted.

Manong left along the route in order to find a specific item. He even instructed the couple not to look for him and that he would just return home later by himself.

Raha Sitan handed him a few bags of gold coins to squander because he was pleased with his willing departure.

"My wife, Manong is such a good child!"

Amara commented, "Husband, earlier you mentioned he's not a good son for you."

"My wife, I am the type of person who usually forgets about disagreements. I suppose I am too old for remembering such small stuff," he replied.