Chapter 2

For the past few days, Y/n continue on his free time at the docks while his parents work.

His parents gave him a special gift on his birthday. A book of all World War 2 ships. It tells him where they were built, battles they fought, and how the were sunk.

Until one day, Y/n was surprised to see several ships were sailing out.

He watches as they sail to the open ocean

?: Enjoying the scene, son?

Y/n: Yes, mom! Where are they going?

Mother: They are going to another naval dockyard for repairs and cleaning.

Y/n: Really?! That's so cool! But why not here?

Father: Because this naval yard does have the tools or equipment.

Y/n: That's understandable. But one day, I'll be a captain and command my very own ship. Maybe be the Admiral for all the WW2 ships!

His parents smile at their son. That he has bright future.

As they sail, Y/n saw the figures again m. This time they were all looking at with the same expression on the deck.

He smile back and salutes them

They salute him back at him

Day by day, each ships sail out the dockyard while Y/n watches them from a far or by the pier.

Skip

Y/n was on board of Nelson part of Royal Navy.

He sitting on her deck reading his book that his parents gave him on his birthday. As he reads it, he was greeted by a cat.

Y/n: Hello.

The cat let him to pet it and making it purr with joy and feel love.

Then heard foot steps. And it was a pair of sailors

Y/n: Good Afternoon, gentlemen.

Sailor 1: Likewise, Sailor.

Sailor 2: We came here to tell you that the last patch of these ships is about to ready to depart.

Y/n felt sad to see the last ships to go.

Y/n: Before you make sail, can I have one last look at these beautiful ships?

Sailor 2: Well of course, you have time before we disembark.

Y/n: Thank you.

He stands up and explore the remaining ships that were anchored

After exploring the remaining ships he was on board Dunkerque or to him as Dunkirk.

Y/n: Your named after the city that British Expeditionary Force was encircled by the Germans.

Y/n: With out the help from the civilians, fisherman. England would have been opened for an invasion.

Y/n: I'm proud that your city help those boys to out of there.

Then heard a voice

Mother: Son, you ready?

Y/n: Well this is a goodbye for now. Do me a favor tell the ships that I say hello and I'll see you again soon.

Mother: Son, ships can't talk.

Y/n: I know. It's just they way I do it.

She smile at him that she is glad to have him as a son.

He watches as the crew of each ships lift up the anchors, start the ships and make sail.

He let out a few tears as they left the dockyard his mother made him feel better by standing next to him and holding his hand.