The man holds his hand out in front of his face.

Y/N kneels down and slides the bunny mask off to reveal bright red eyes. His eyeliner is smudged and his silver-ringed hand wraps around hers tightly.

"Corpse," her tone is flat as her eyes scan his body. The black suit is torn in some places with bits of glass stuck in the fabric. The mask has a few splatters of blood.

"Y/N," he repeats, his voice raspy and deep. "You didn't give me enough time to react."

"Did I shoot you?" she asks, her fingers lightly brushing along his shoulder where the blood is steadily pooling from.

"No," he coughs and uses his right hand to push himself into a sitting position. "I mean I fired at you along with the rest. When I tried to dodge one of the swords sliced across my shoulder."

Y/N nods and pulls out a smaller knife. She quickly cuts the fabric away and inspects the wound carefully.

"Is it bad?" he asks after a few seconds of silence.

"Sort of," Y/N cuts off part of the arm of his white dress shirt and carefully wraps it around the gash. "You'll definitely need stitches. It's around 6 inches long and about a half inch deep."

"We gotta get home soon before I pass out."

Y/N stands up and holds out her hand to help Corpse. He grabs it tightly as she pulls him to his feet.

His large hand grabs onto her shoulder as she leads him out of the mansion.

"I forgot how terrifying you are," Corpse awkwardly chuckles.

Y/N lets out a quiet giggle and swats his head playfully.

"You know I'm surprised Dream lets you hang around other men like me. He seems pretty— protective over you."

Corpse winces as they step through the front door.

"He doesn't know," she says quietly. "If he did, he'll personally murder you."

"Come on!" Corpse laughs as they stride across the lawn. The moon shines down on them as Y/N stops to slash a bigger hole in the fence. The silver swords reflect its pale light. "You've got to introduce me to him sometime."

"Maybe," Y/N slips through with ease and reaches through to help him. "I have something in mind for that."

The pair walk down the silent street toward Y/N's car.

"That was so hard to play," Corpse exhales as he settles in the passenger seat. Y/N sits in the driver's seat and smiles. "Never put me in that situation again."

"Well, you're the one that's going to have to figure out what you're along to tell Schlatt. You either say you escaped from me or died."

"I'll go with the first option," he responds, awkwardly putting on his seatbelt with one hand. "I think he'll have a hard time thinking I'm dead."

The black car cruises down the empty highway. About 30 minutes in, Corpse's phone begins to ring.

Y/N looks at him and mutes the radio.

Corpse throws her a nervous look and shows the contact.

Schlatt.

"Answer it," Y/N says, fighting to keep her voice calm.

The man beside her clears his throat and swipes to answer it. He presses the black leather case to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Corpse," Schlatt's voice sounds slightly worried but breathes a sigh of relief. "You're okay."

"Yeah, made it out with a light gash by pretending to be dead, she walked past me."

"That's some good news," Schlatt muses over the phone. The faint sound of wind can be heard in the background. "Damn she got a lot of my allies, I'm only down to a few left."

"How many did she kill?" Corpse innocently questions. Y/N silently pulls out her notepad and runs her finger down the list stopping at the end, leaving a slight blood smear. She holds up her fingers to show 17.

"17 I believe," Schlatt answers a few seconds later to which Y/N smile proudly.

"Wow, that's— a lot of people."

"Yeah, I need to gather more allies but I think she's on to me. Speaking of which, when was the last time you talked to her Corpse?"

"A few days ago why?" Corpse glances at Y/N who throws a glare at the phone.

"I need you to keep a close eye on her, we need to know what's she planning."

"I don't think she's planning anything," Corpse responds with a dull tone. "I mean she's just retaliating. If you keep a low profile she won't go after you."

"And you're sure because?" Schlatt asks suspiciously. "I mean I know her. I've known her for a long time. She's not just going to quit."

"Schlatt," Corpse raises his voice slightly as Y/N's hands grip the steering wheel tighter. "With all due respect, I know Y/N. I mean we allied against you once upon a time. The last time we talked, she rambled on about Dream and how madly in love they were. She spent her Valentine's Day with him. As long as you lay low and don't threaten either of them, you'll be able to gather allies in secret."

"I still don't feel a shred of empathy for burning your face. Then again, you also burned mine so I guess we're somewhat even," Schlatt spits out. "But you're right. I have to wait to get my revenge, unfortunately."

"Patience is virtue Schlatt," Corpse says with a small laugh. "Now I have to go and get my shoulder stitched up. I called my driver to pick me up and we're just arriving at the mansion now."

"Alright, I'll inform you of our next meeting soon."

Corpse makes a noise of agreement as the call ends.

The car is silent as Y/N keeps her eyes focused on the road.

Corpse gingerly picks up the notepad with names and frowns. There were over 50 names written down, several crossed out with either ink or blood.

"This double agent thing is going to get me caught," Corpse mutters under his breath. Y/N doesn't look at him, keeping her eyes forward.

"It will only be a matter of time," Y/N starts her eyes to the top of the list where Schlatt's name is printed in large bold letters and circled in red. "Once that hit list is complete, there will only be one man left to kill."

She presses the gas harder and races down the road noticing Corpse leaning his head against the window, eyes closed.

Shit, he passed out from blood loss.

"Then I can finally live my life peacefully."

——————————————————————————————

1,695 words

Oooh, we got a double agent 😏

Skephalo + Dream Team meet up!

IM SO HAPPY FOR THEM

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!