Chapter 36: The Circus

Start from the beginning

"Huh, that's a bit unexpected. Participant 97, Vin Jin. We thought he was an ordinary high school student but, it appears he committed murder." she announced. I was super shocked and looked at him. "Vin Jin is that true? I mean, the past is the past." I asked him. "..." He turned away from me. I sighed. "Anyways, let's begin our first game, Ant shaking! Let's bring our referee!" The blue mask dude came in. "Damn he's taller than I expected!" I said. He puts his fist out to Participant 1 and looks like they did Rock paper scissors game. Participant 1 lost and he slap so hard he fucking died. "Well, he died uhh any volunteers?" One participant asked.

"I guess I'll go," I said casually. Everyone got shocked except for Vin Jin laughing. "Y/N are you ready to go to heaven hahaha." "Hell yeah!" I said as I step in front of him. "Well, mister sumo-looking dude I'm Y/N, and you?" "..." "Nice to meet you too I guess. Ready Rock paper scissors shoot." I said as I put out the middle finger and everyone was shocked except Vin Jin dying on the floor with laughter. "I CAN'T MAN 😭" Vin Jin said. "HEY, IM TECHNICALLY NOT WRONG! Look this part is scissors, this part is rock and the thumb sticking out is paper." I explained. "Uhh I- this is not what I expected..." She announces. Even the referee was also shocked and had mixed emotions. "Just let her pass!" "She's very smart about this! "Yeah let her pass!" "She got through to the next round by the people's vote!" She said. "Boom easy, my father taught me how to beat rock paper scissors," I said as I stuck out my middle finger in victory. "Y/N... I can't with you oh my god I'm crying." Vin Jin said, "Jesus you almost fucked up his plan Y/N!" Zack yelled at me. "It's I did it for all of us least." I rolled my eyes. Later everyone passed by Daniel's strategy.

"Finally you guys took too long," I said on the floor waiting for them to pass. "Next up it's Gas hell so get ready!" She announced. "I don't want to be gassed again." I sighed. "We have to stick together and Vin Jin let us borrow your shirt," Daniel said. "WHAT NO NUH UH!" He yelled. "Bro do you want us to die or not!" I yelled. "This is the only way," Warren said. "Fine! Jeez!" He took off his shirt and threw it to Daniel. Daniel then ripped his shirt into pieces and passed the bits of short pieces to each one of us. "All of you tie it to your nose and mouth," Daniel said as he ties his around his nose and mouth. We all did the same. "Ok, what's next?" I asked him. "We gotta stick together it's a key part of this." We all nodded and locked arms. I was next to Vin Jin and Warren.

After that, the audience gasp at us and we survived the round. We all took off the mask and sighed in relief. "Hey give me my shirt back... It's embarrassing..." Vin Jin said while covering his chest. I gonna say if I was in his position right now, I would be pretty uncomfortable with me only having a bra and sweatpants. "Hey, at least we're halfway there to freedom," I reassured him. He stood behind me and sighed in relief. "Much better stand here Y/N." "Oh okay- then" I just stood there like a statue. "What's the third game again?" Warren asked. We all huddle as Daniel explains the third game. "Hey, you bastards!" A group of random participants was surround us. "Oh my, a brawl is starting." She announced. "Girls stay behind me," Warren said. "Let her dude she got this!" Vin Jin said. "Oh okay then..." I said getting to my fighting position.  We each knock out one participant. Everyone cheered as we stood there like they were nothing. "I bet on the girl! GIRL POWER BABY!!" "I picked the dude who boxes. "You got this younglings!" So many compliments were wild. The host was very surprised at our fight skills. "What a sec if, I can't win I may not rap." Vin Jin said. "You can still rap, it's just that you're going to be rich," I said. "I don't know man." He shrugged. "You look great by the way for someone who exercises for a month." I compliment him. He smirks. "Oh see now you like what you see." "..." I blinked twice and looked away.

"Now onto the third game, "Quest-ism!" She said. "I heard of this on webtoon, by the way, a really good comic," I said. "The strategy is to take one quest and just do it whether is killing someone or not. We need to get through the round." He explained.  "Meh, they're criminals anyways so it would be that bad I guess." I shrugged. "First request is from VIP 49!" She said. "Wow, lucky!" "Congrats man!" "Aw, I guess so."
"Then we will proceed with the quest from VIP 49. Participant 55 Katsuzawa Akria pull out Participant 71's teeth." "Ew, that's just gross," I said in disgust. "You'll earn 500 million won upon pulling his teeth." Akira punch him in the face and everyone cheered. "Oops, they said to pull his teeth out." He said as he pulled his teeth out. My stomach is not feeling well. "Lord helps me," I said. "Lord is not going to help you with that situation." Vin Jin said. "Next it's Participant 96 Zack lee! Participant 96, Break Participant 27 in the nose." "Bro I can't watch this that's a bit cruel. He's an old man for god's sake." I said closing my eyes. "You do gotta realized that these guys are criminals," Warren said. "Touché," I said

After a few quests there and there. Vin Jin and Daniel passed his quest. It's up to me, Warren and sally are left. "Next participant 101, Y/N L/N! Every lady in the audience, give it up for Sally and Y/N for being strong women for us!" The crowd cheered and gets hyped up. "Participant 101, protect Participant 98 for three mins." "Eh alright sounds easy enough. Step aside Warren I'll protect your girl." I smiled and went in front of Sally. I was surrounded by a bunch of participants. "No pressure right?" I said as I took a deep breath. "KICK THEIR ASS Y/N! FUCK THEM UP!" Vin Jin shouted. They chased after me and I was punching and kicking and doing every martial I know of to protect Sally. Then I struggled a bit, I felt a sharp pain across my stomach. I wince in pain but held in as I got one min left to protect Sally. I was fucking exhausted as the participants got closer and closer to Sally and me. I didn't give up yet, I was holding the pain of every punch, kick, and scratch. I bled more and more from my stomach and my mind mentally was about to give up. "Times up! Participant 101, successfully protect her from harm." I sighed in relief and I was about to fall to the ground when Warren caught me. "Great job Y/N. Thank you." Warren smiled. I looked at him and nodded. I was too exhausted to even speak. He helped me walk towards the gate. I struggled to keep up my feet from exhaustion and was about to fall again then I got caught once again but it was Vin Jin. "Damn, you did great out there." I nodded and smiled in agreement. "Yeah, I guess so.." I said softly as I put pressure on my stomach, slowing down the bleeding. "Jesus Christ, You've definitely got fucked up. Just tear your shirt or someone and wrap it around your stomach." He suggests to me. I tear part of my shirt and wrapped it around my stomach to stop the bleeding.

"He made Akria leave the arena! Meaning that Participant 99 has passed the quest!" She announced. I sat there watching the whole thing go time. A few minutes later I regained energy and finally was able to stand up. Warren and Sally were about to go inside the cell when Sally stood outside and the cell was locked. "Sorry I lied to you guys about completing my quest." She said. "Oh god, Someone goes save her!" I yelled. Sally was about to have the guys when Minsik knocked those guys out for a second. I sighed and relief. "Old man is a lifesaver." I smiled. "I've not supposed it do this together, I'm supposed to do this quest alone." Minsik made a sly smile at sally. "You...got...to...be fucking with me right now. I jinx this shit again!" I yelled. Minsik was about to grab sally when Warren hit Minsik with a pole. I looked at him surprised. "You two are so dead! Have fun living in the afterlife." I said. "Ah, the beauty of youth. I knew you were being shady. You like her don't you?" He said. "Oh no, that was just a long time-" "I do have a crush on her," Warren said. "I fucking knew that he has a crush on her! I fucking knew it!" I said getting all hyped up. "PROTECT YOUR GIRL WARREN WHOOP WHOOP!" I cheered him on. "Oh my god, you're so loud, especially at a time like this." Vin Jin said. "Shut up this is getting good," I said. The two were fighting for a good 5 minutes.

Warren defeated the pre-generation Minsik Choi. Sally ran up to him crying, hugging him. I stared and smiled at them.

No one's pov:

Vin Jin stared at Y/N as she was smiling at the two love birds. Then Y/N turns around to look at him. "I'm about to cry from just watching this." She said as she wipes her tears off her face. "Oh, come on now don't be so dramatic." He deadpans at her. Warren and Sally pass by the people's quest.