getting clean | larissa weems

Start from the beginning

to no one's surprise i fell right over climbing the stairs. my toe caught the lip of the very top step and i folded in two. so close to getting away with it and yet there i was face down on the dirty wooden floor.

i led out the most painful sigh ever, one that truly said 'i just ate utter shit'. i would have been kicking myself if i wasn't already in so much pain. disappointment doesn't even begin to describe how i felt.

this feeling only grew stronger when i head the click of a lock and a door opening. not even bothering to open my eyes to find out who was emerging to laugh at my pathetic self i just lay there.

"y/n?" a voiced echoed . oh fucking hell, of course, of course it was weems. i mean who else would it be. my dumbass had to fall over right in front of her office making the same level of noise as mount vesuvius when it exploded.

i felt her rest a hand on my back as she shook me.  her slender fingers making her way to my neck to check my pulse. my eyes remained closed as she examined my body, too exhausted to do so.

i felt her hands grip my shoulders as she rolled me over pulling my body off the stairs and onto the flat surface. there were a few silent moments where she didn't move or speak, i couldn't even hear her breath. it's like she disappeared.

only when i felt her hands slide under my shoulders and knees did i know that she hadn't vanished. her heels clicked against the floorboards. i didn't know where we were going, frankly i didn't care, she was comfortable and felt safe. she was safe.

i clicked onto the fact we were in her office when i heard the creaking of a door. we were too far away from the nurses office to get there that quickly and weems' office was the only thing on this corridor.

i heard another door open and close and felt the soft touch of a mattress beneath me. she disappeared once more and i heard another door open. i sat up very slowly and took in my surroundings.

i was in her bedroom, in fact i was in her bed. she emerged from the bathroom with a first aid kit in her hands to find me resting on my elbows rubbing my eyes.

she rushed over to me a worried look plastered over her face. "lay down darling, you don't want to make your head worse". i did as she said allowing my arms to give out from under me.

i watched her intensely as she pulled all sorts of things out of the first aid kit. her dress was covered in blood and dirt. i guess my head was bleeding more than i had anticipated.

"sorry" i mumbled softly. she stopped what she was doing and looked over at me. "what are you sorry for darling?". i only nodded to her chest where the stain was. "it's okay sweetie, it'll come out in the wash. anyway i'm more worried about getting you fixed up."

tears pricked up in my eyes, her soft gentle voice made my feeling's spiral. everything got put into perspective very quickly. all the drugs, all the money, all the classes i've skipped. all of it.

i was losing control. it wasn't something fun to do on the weekends anymore. i couldn't control it. it wasn't fun anymore.

"is it okay if i clean your head sweetheart?" i hummed softly, my eyes closing slowly. "aha, no you can't go to sleep yet my love. we don't know if it's safe yet." i just whined. i was so sleepy.

i drew a sharp breath when i felt her dab the cloth on my face, it was drowning in rubbing alcohol, it burned so much.

"i know darling, it'll be over soon i promise" i only lay there tears silently flowing down my cheeks.