Our Only Goal

"So, how are you?" I asked the man that sat in front of my cell. It's been a week of sitting in this cold damp room and Swiss hasn't come down once, not that I blame him, he is getting married after all. His friend Rain is nice though, he's been here every day, he just watches me sit here though. He doesn't talk all that much but I think he's just shy. I haven't learned anything interesting about him, I actually haven't learned anything about him.

"I'm alright, how are you?" He asked back with a small smile.

"Been better." I chuckled weakly. It's been so long since I've had food and I felt so tired all the time but I couldn't sleep. "How's Swiss?" My voice was horse and was barely over a whisper.

"He's um, doing okay." He said reluctantly. "Under a lot of stress because of the wedding." He swirled around a flask before taking a sip. He detached the metal from his lips and I could see water spill out a bit from the corners his mouth while he used the back of his sleeve to wipe his mouth. My dry mouth wanted to just have one sip of it and I felt slightly annoyed that he had wasted some of that water. "He really doesn't want to get married, but I assume you know that."

After a few minutes of silence I heard fast footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Rain!" The voice called out down the cold hall. Rain perked up at this and looked down the hall, I did the same. A shorter man then Rain came running down the hall with his arms moving frantically as he ran.

   "Dew, what's wrong?" Rain asked with concern in his voice.

   What kind of names are these? I asked myself.

   "Swiss wants to see everyone." The short man names Dew panted looking at me cocking his head to the left confused before he looked back at Rain. My eyes widened at this. I wanted to see him horribly right now, it felt so weird because I have only known him for a few months, hell, he doesn't even know my name but it feels like I've known him my whole life.

"Now?" Asked Rain confused like there was something more important to do. Rain looked down at me sitting on the ground for a few seconds before looking back up at Dew.

"Yeah, he's stressing out right now." Dew paused for a second looking at me before licking his lips nervously then looking back up at Rain. "He really doesn't want to get married and the wedding is tomorrow."

TOMORROW?! I began to freak out a little as well. I'm going to be stuck here for the rest of my life, (which by judging by the way they are treating us down here I'll probably be gone by next week. I mean they fed everyone else down here this morning but because I need my energy to use magic they haven't fed me so they can keep me weak.) but I haven't seen Swiss at all since the start of all of this and I'll probably never see him again.

   Rain looked back down at my frail, sickly body then back up at Dew.

"Is this the witch he's been talking about?" Dew pointed at me acting like I wasn't there.

"Yeah."

"She doesn't look to good."

"I know, I don't know what to do about it though."

"Swiss will freak out if he sees her like this." Dew told him and Rain just nodded as they paused for a few seconds.

   "Alright, let's go." He sighed and the two of them headed up the stairs.

   "(Y/n), come here." The man in the cell next to me whispered when the two men completely left. I turned my head to face him and saw him motioning me to come over to the bars. I slowly made my way over to him on all fours because my body was so weak. "I got you something." He pulled out half of loaf bread from his paints. He must've ate the other half this morning.