Where Dreams Become Nightmares

I awoke again in the early hours of the morning sliding out of bed an quietly got ready for the day putting on the same clothes I went into the city with yesterday. I made sure to make an extra effort to not wake up Swiss because I didn't want to be that annoying roommate and besides he was going to be doing a lot more work today then yesterday.

   I walked into the living area to be greeted with a sleeping Swiss. His mask was still on but his mouth was slightly open and you could hear little snores from the way he was sleeping. I smiled as a grabbed the cloak and saddle by the door. I accidentally dropped it causing Swiss to stir in his sleep and eventually wake up.

   "What are you doin?" He asked groggily.

   "Getting your clothes." I whispered so he could go back to sleep.

   "Here take this." He went digging in his pocket and pulled out more then enough money for clothes. I mean I could probably get him like ten different outfits.

    "How much do you think I'm getting you?" I asked looking at the gold and silver coins in his hand.

    "Uh I don't know how much clothing is. I thought like two outfits." He spoke sheepishly.

   "I could get a lot more then two with that kind of money." I laughed a bit still looking at all the money in his hand.

   "Then get me the two outfits and get something nice for yourself darling." He stood up and started walking towards me.

   "Oh please Swiss I won't take your money for myself." I shook my hand in the air dismissing him.

    "Please darling it's the least I could do." He pushed.

   "No Swiss it is quite alright save it for when I kick you out for being a loud snorer." I joked out.

   "Do I snore?" He asked in disbelief and very concerned.

   "Not really no ,I'm only joking." I smiled at his reaction.

  "Okay good... what if I only gave you some of the coins?"

"Sure I'll take some. Only because it's going to be your clothes and I'll get you comfortable ones to wear."

"Sounds like a plan darling."

With that he handed me a few coins and I went out to saddle up Dusk to go into town.

Dusk ran around all the trees dodging every single one on our path. We have done this so much that it caused all the life on the forest floor to turn to dirt and you can tell how I get into town.

I hopped off Dusk as I normally do when I reach the gates and I took his lead in my hand and crossed into town. I quickly pulled my hood up as I realized I forgot to.

People swarmed the streets with all the carts and shops along the old dirt road. Mothers were with their children while dads were off to work making money for the family. The sky was blue with big white fluffy clouds that would occasionally cover the sun giving shade on this hot summer day.

   I walked a few streets down to get Swiss's clothes stopping in by a store. I knew the guy from my old village and was pretty good friends with him so I knew I could trust him. His name is Rowan and he used to make clothes back at our old village but he thought he could make better clothes then the supplies our village had to offer so he moved. Yes this was after the village sentenced me to death. No he does not care that I'm a witch.

I looked in the window and saw two guards inside. One of them turned around to see me looking in the window. They turned back around acting as if they didn't see anything. I saw Rowan talking to the guards while he was fixing up some clothing on a mannequin. He didn't look to pleased that they were in there. I decided to not go in just for my own safety. I instead pulled Dusk into an alleyway to wait them out because I only trust Rowan to make my clothing.