Now the Hope we Had is Dying

"I just can't believe you know prince Terzo!" His voice came out shocked but I could tell he didn't mean it.

  "Why? Just because I live in this small cottage in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean I don't know people." I let out a teasing laugh. This made Swiss look upset but he hid it well.

"W-well I know that, it's just, I don't know. He's a prince, y'know."

"I'm aware." I smiled.

  "I mean how did you even meet him?"

  "That's a long story. Buuut, I suppose I could show you." I looked at him as a drank my tea. "If you'd like."

  "Is it close by?"

  "Something like that, follow me." I stood up straight then began walking towards my spell room.

"Where are we going? Did you find him in your house?!" Swiss asked and I could tell how confused he was.

"I'm showing you." I smiled softly then walked into the spell room. I normally keep the hatch shut but I was too hungover to care at the moment.

  "What is that?" He pointed to the hole in the ground.

  "I'm gonna show you, come." I then began the long journey down the ladder.

  "What's down here anyway?" He questioned and he followed me down.

  "Do you have any patience?" I asked with a chuckle.

  "Darlin I'm hungover, my patience is thin." He tried to joke but you could tell he was out of it.

   We eventually reached the bottom and as always the candles lit up in the blue fire. The bookcases were dusty as they always were and it was cold.

  "What is this place?" Swiss asked in wonder as he slowly took everything in.

  "A library." I pointed in the direction of his castle. "Your castle is that way." I turned behind me. "Terzo's castle is that way."

  "What do you mean?" He looked down both ends of the hallway.

  "I can walk straight into your castle. You end up in this extremely cluttered closet, but you can easily walk in."

  "How many people know about this. Is it only Terzo?"

  I shook my head. "Your mother and Aether." I felt guilty saying this.  I hid something from him and I felt terrible. Yet I didn't know why. It wasn't on purpose.

  "My mom?!" He wasn't angry, just surprised. "How does she know? Oh my god I have so many questions."

  And I don't know if I wanna answer them.

   "I was shocked as well, and I probably have just as much questions as you do.-"

  "-Have you met my mother?" He interrupted.

  "I have-"

  "-More then once?"

  "Yeah. She's a lovely woman."

   "How did you meet her?"

  "Aether took me to her. Apparently your mother was good friends with my parents."

  Swiss shook his head. Like something about this was so unbelievable to him.

  "That's impossible, you're a witch, my parents hate witches."

  "No, your father hates witches." I corrected, and this made him go quiet.

  "You're right... I jus- I'm confused and too tired to fully process everything. We can discuss this later."

  "Are you alright?"

  "I need to talk to my mother. I wanna hear what she has to say." He paused for a moment. "Did Terzo actually invite you to the ball? Or was it Aether?"

  "It was actually your mother."

  "My mother? She invited you?"

  "Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I would've but I thought you hated me."

  He scoffed, like what I said was obviously wrong. Like what he did never happened. "I don't hate you. I could never hate you."

  "What's goin on here?- Swiss! There you are! We've been looking for you." I turned around to see Aether standing behind me.

  "Aeth? What are you doing here?" Swiss asked.

  "Your mother wished to speak to (Y/n). She wanted to see you as well, Swiss." Aether replied.

  "Now?" I asked. I didn't feel like going back to the castle. After falling asleep down here after being in the castle just a couple hours before.

   "That would be preferred." Aether said with a chuckle.

  "Alright let's go." I grumbled then began walking towards the castle and I could hear the boys behind me laugh about something but I didn't care. I wanted to get this over with.

Word count 715
WOAHHHH I uploaded the next chapter. Ik it's shit but hopefully I'll update again soon. I'm sick so I have free time