52. The Calm Before the Storm

Start from the beginning

"No, that's not what I need to know."

Corpse stands up and strides over to Y/N. He leans down so his breath warms her face. His large hand traces up from her chest to her lips. A smirk spreads across his face.

"How did he steal your heart?"

Y/N scoffs and pushes his hand while rolling her eyes.

"You're an idiot."

"I'm right," he corrects. "Tell me Y/N. I'm dying to know."

Hehe, get it? Corpse? Dying? I'm so funny haha...😅

Okay I'll stop now

Y/N shakes her head with a smile.

"Fine."

She launches into the story of their rivalry turned friendship. Leaving out some, unimportant details like their Valentine's Day date.

"Wow," Corpse says. He places one hand over his chest in a dramatic fashion. "He sounds so romantic."

Y/N delivers a friendly slap to his shoulder.

"But back to Schlatt," she says. He stops laughing and frowns. "I know he's after us. This may be our last chance to take him down."

"I agree," Corpse reaches over and takes the sheet of paper with names. He reads up and down the list a few times noticing several have black lines through them. "What are the black lines for?"

Y/N doesn't answer, instead giving him a wicked grin.

"Oh, you didn't—"

"Take down the base cards and the house falls."

Her phone rings and she hesitates before swiping to answer.

"Dream?"

Corpse immediately perks up with interest at the name. He clasps his hands together and smiles Y/N.

She mouthes 'be quiet' at him.

"You haven't answered me in a while," he says. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Corpse makes an 'awwww' face.

"I'm fine Dream, just attending some meetings."

"I asked Techno where you were and he said you are out of the house." In the background, there's the sound of rustling which confirms that he's lying in bed.

Of course, he would ask.

"Yeah, I'm just meeting with some potential clients for shipments," she lies quickly with a glance at Corpse who seems to be holding back laughter.

"Well, when are you going to be done?" Dream asks impatiently. He lowers his voice so Y/N has to press the phone against her ear. "Because I really want you to come over so we can, spend some time together."

"Uhhhh," Y/N looks back at Corpse who covering his mouth with both hands. His red eyes are sparkling with mischief and looks like he's about to burst out laughing. "I have two left so I'll be one around 10 okay?"

"Alright, swing by as soon as you can," he says his tone raising to its usual volume. "Love you Y/N."

"I love you too Dream," she says and quickly ends the call as Corpse lets out a laugh.

"Awww, you guys are SO cute together!"

"Stop!" She covers her face as Corpse continues to tease her.

"He cares SO much about you!"

"Corpse!"

Corpse stops but still chuckles quietly.

"He can't know about Schlatt," Y/N explains. Her fingers unconsciously grab at the rings on her fingers, sliding one off and fiddling with it. "He fought Schlatt before too. I don't want him rushing headfirst at this without looking. He doesn't know Schlatt like I do."

Corpse hums in agreement.

"So you plan on taking out Schlatt's allies?"

"Already have," she says. "And you need better guards. They didn't even check me properly."

To prove it, she slides a hand into the heel of her combat boot and pulls out a wickedly sharp dagger.

Corpse groans.

"Yeah, those guys are idiots. I just hired them a few weeks ago."

"They didn't even know who I am?!" She takes off the jacket and holds it in front of his face. "I mean seriously! You at least should know mafia symbols!"

The black leather jacket has the silver wings are unmistakably the symbol of the Black Crows Mafia.

"I'll give them a pop quiz on it," Corpse jokes which makes Y/N huff. "Hey! They're good fighters!"

"Whatever," she slips on the jacket and turns to leave. "Thanks for meeting with me."

Corpse stands up too and hugs her tightly. This time, her arms wrap around his back.

"And thank you for visiting."

He pulls out of the hug and grins teasingly at her.

"Even in combat boots," he places a hand on her head which barely hits his shoulder. "You're still short."

"Hey!" Y/N grabs his hand and twists his finger until he pulls away.

"Can't imagine Dream trying to kiss you. He probably has to bend down and you have to tiptoe."

Y/N scoffs and throws open the office door.

"No."

"Y/N."

Corpse catches her hand and turns her attention back to him.

"Thank you for telling me about Schlatt. I'll make preparations. Just know, that this is the calm before the storm."

She nods, her Y/E/C eyes set with determination.

"We'll kill him. Once and for all."

——————————————————————————————

1,412 words

Just a filler chapter for now. I need to put some stuff before Y/N's birthday. Give me some ideas!

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!