Alpha - Squabble - Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"Is this enough to make an assumption now?" I asked while searching his expressionless face for answers. Namjoon is fairly skilled at hiding his feelings- I can't tell if he's stunned or shaken by my action, but his cheeks are flushing red.

"I'm not sure," Namjoon replied with his eyes fixed on mine.

"Why are you not sure? You still don't believe me?" I blinked in confusion. I didn't expect him to be this oblivious when it comes to love.

"No- It's just- I'm- give me a moment! My mind is completely disoriented!" Namjoon quickly turned away from me to rub his burning face. I stared at his odd behavior with my eyebrows furrowed as he took deep breaths to calm his nerves. Did I give him a heart attack?

"Did I do something wrong? Wae? Are you alright?" I asked, taking a step forward with a concerned look.

"Don't come any closer! My heart is beating too fast- I can't breathe!" Namjoon warned, fearfully lifting up his hands to stop me from approaching him. I pursed my lips unsurely, alarmed by his timid reaction.

"Is your heart fluttering for me?" I broke into a slight smile. I knew it! Namjoon chuckled at my cuteness with his hands on his hips while shaking his dazed head to recollect his scattered mind.

"I'm just startled by your boldness. I suppose you're heavily influenced by the Western cultures," Namjoon chuckled, finally looking me in the eyes.

"Oh. Kids in the state are usually very expressive about their feelings. Koreans are a bit conservative. I'm sorry if I startled you," I shyly nodded. Namjoon finally took another deep breath to recollect himself for the last time.

"Sora, I'm not ready," Namjoon gulped, worriedly scanning my bright facial expression.

"Not ready? For me? Why?" I blinked innocently.

"I appreciate your feelings, and I'm very- happy that you're expressing yourself with so much courage, but- I'm still sorting out... myself at this very moment. I'm afraid I can't take proper care of you," Namjoon calmly attempted to justify himself.

"Is it because I'm not pretty?" I blinked, cluelessly staring at his worried gaze.

"No?!- You're pretty! It- It's not that you're not visually appealing! It's just- I've got other priorities right now- it's my obligation to serve the official council. How can I accept your feelings when I can't prioritize you? I can't be reckless with your feelings, and I definitely do not intend on embracing you out of pity either," Namjoon frantically waved his hands before my face to explain the situation. I grew hushed with my eyes fixed on his. He's nervous.

"Do you want me to kiss you again? Maybe it'll help you reconsider-"

"M-Moh?- Sora- I-" Namjoon stuttered. His eyes bulged open at my clueless offer, but before I could do anything else- The door suddenly slid open. Thump! Thump! I turned around to find Taehyung storming inside the room with his jaws clenched. The alpha roughly grabbed my wrist and yanked me out of the room with a grim expression. What is he-?! I gasped in shock as he forcefully dragged me through the corridor.

"Where are you taking me!? I'm not done with Namjoon-"

"How are you so shameless!?" Taehyung snapped, furiously turning to glare at me, so I hastily jerked my arm free from his tight grip.

"Were you eavesdropping?!" I shrieked in disbelief.

"So what? He rejected your love confession, so stop being so desperate!" Taehyung huffed, leaning his angered face downward to glare into my teary pupils.