Chapter twenty

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ this chapter contains sexual content. Recommended for 18+ readers.

Ilaria

If there was one thing in this life I wanted, it would be to obliterate men.

I appreciated some men, like my father for instance because I wouldn't be in this world without him. And my brothers. But men do ruin everything the moment they open their mouth.

The silence in my condo made things worse, it had me dwelling on my anger that ignited by the second. I needed a distraction, to calm myself down. But when I say I needed a distraction, I didn't mean I needed to see the exact cause of my anger again.

My head swings to the door when I hear a knock and few sounds. Giggling, shuffling, footsteps and talking. I clench my jaw and feel the water drops slide off my hair and soak into my bath robe that I put on after a shower. As soon as I came home, I washed away Dario's blood because I couldn't stand the blood of a person I didn't kill. I clench my jaw and glare at the door, like it was my enemy and then, I walk towards it. A second later, I reach for the door handle and open the door.

When I said I didn't need to encounter the exact cause of my anger, this is what I exactly meant. Right in front of me stood Stefano and his bitchy wife and behind them was the one that was going to get it. Stefano and his wife quickly turns their heads to the door as I open it and a smile reached their faces.

"Ciao sweetheart." Stefano greets, pushing his way in. His wife giggles behind him and walks past me. "May we come in?"

I glare as they both walk in like it's their home. Anger seeps through me. I didn't like this, they are not my friends, or my family. Stefano, for as long as I could remember, was the one I wanted to kill first from the rest.

I turn my head back to the door and quickly find Niccolò stood behind me, closely. I glance at him for a moment, his eyes takes everything in. It felt like he was communicating with me through his eyes, though I couldn't decipher a thing he was trying to indicate, it just felt like the way he was staring at me, was a way of his communication to see if anything else had happened to me.

"I hope you don't mind us." Stefano says, I turn away from Niccolò and glance over to the married couple. Stefano bounces down on my couch, lifting his feet on my coffee table while his wife was inspecting my home. "We're just dropping by to see what you're up to, who your next kill is." Stefano continued sardonically.

"Baby, stop being so rude." His wife says, picking up one of the books from my book shelf. When she grabs it, I look at her. She glances at me and then, she turns her attention to Stefano. "It's no wonder people dislike you because you do shitty stuff like that."

Hm. Maybe the wife can be somewhat tolerable.

I glare at them both and couldn't find the right things to say. I think I was appalled at the audacity. They had no idea how many weapons were around this condo for me to reach for and use them because if I did, none of them would be alive right now. I try to steady my breathing, it was the only thing calming me down as I feel a heavy presence behind me, so close that I could smell him.

"Get dressed. You're coming with us." Niccolò mumbles, his deep voice penetrates my ears. I felt it on my back, there was only an inch between my back and his chest. I turn around and face him. He was indeed very close. His hands were in his pockets, they way he ignored the atrocity behind me and solely based his focus on me was making me angry because he brought them here, without my permission. I glare at him, my jaw clenched so hard, I felt numb. Without a word or question, I storm out of there and walk to my room.