Chapter three

Ilaria

If I could kill every being that bares bad news, I would do it. But then, if I do that, then I would have nobody in my life. In fact, I'd have to kill myself.

Kill myself. The one thing I'm unable to do. Actually, that's a lie. There are so many things I'm unable to do, things I was able to do once in my life, now I can't do. Sometimes, I forget why but I'm soon reminded by the being that found me, and then started dictating my life.

He stood behind me, admiring me like as if I asked him to. I glance at him blankly and he still gawks.

"What?" I snap. Alfonso makes eye contact with me through my reflection on the mirror. "Do you want me to do your other thigh a favour?"

Alfonso shakes his head and chuckles. We arrived to Italy a few hours ago, and ever since, I've just been so agitated. Nobody informed me of the day. We arrived in Portofino, the best commune of Italy. The best, as Alfonso repeats but why should I even know this? It's not like I plan to return to the best commune of Italy. It's not like I plan to even return to Italy.

Alfonso and I were alone on the jet, Ricardo was nowhere to be seen. Anxiety brews within, adrenaline runs through my blood because this was no longer normal to me. I've nurtured myself to forget about a country that was a huge part of my life. It became my past for a reason, I had no intention to retract. As I stare at Alfonso, I curse him for making me come here. I know it wasn't his fault but since there was no one and nothing to blame, Alfonso just seemed to be the greatest epitome to blame this whole situation on.

"Keep this on you, do not take it off." He says. He hands me a ear piece that was merely a part of a whole device that I had installed on my body before I wore the damn sparkling dress. It was never really my forte, but eighteen year old Ilaria would be swooned to see such dress like this. I was told to dress so I could impress tonight. Through my tactics, I can persecute. "I will be here, listening as you navigate. You just have to locate the target and do what you do best."

I nod. This was nothing new to me, but doing it in Italy was uncomfortable so it felt foreign to me. Nevertheless, I ignored it and did what I'm here for.

"Where is Ricardo?" I mumble, "I thought you said he was going to be with us."

"Change of plans." Alfonso replies, "Once you're done, you have to go back to Paris immediately. Everything is arranged for you. An extraction vehicle will be ready for you, just get in and drive to the location that's stated in the GPS. Once you're back in Paris, you will meet Papà. He had something important to tend to, it required his immediate attention."

"."

"Bene," He says, stepping closer to me and reaching for my waist. My stomach turns, this was the second time Alfonso had become intimate like this, when I made it clear that I wasn't interested in an intimate relationship. Was he stupid? Did he need a little more teaching? I glare at him as he reaches closer, his eyes follows me. The way his hands travel across my body did nothing to me, but when his hand brushes across my thighs, I suddenly feel alarmed. "I'm only checking if you're all geared up." He mumbles, gently brushing his hand over the knife and the pistol that I secured around my thigh with my mini holster. "Don't worry."

"Grazie." I mumble flatly, moving away from him. He watched me, his eyes bore into my body as I move. I walked away from Alfonso and carried myself to the car that would chauffeur me for the evening.

I need water.

After some time, I reach the location of my job. I had no interest in the world. I just did not give a fuck. There were hundreds of people here, rich motherfuckers, poor motherfuckers, stupid mafia men that have no idea what they're doing in their life now, all trying to earn their money. The dirty way. Music blares in the surrounding areas, women everywhere staring obnoxiously at other women, judging them and competing with them. Judging whether they're even deserving to be attending this atrocity that these people call a party. When the mafia attend a party, it's no longer a party.