Chapter 77

Third-Person POV:

Someone knocked on their door in the middle of the night Ishita growled in her anger Armaan sit up on the bed from exhaustion and didn't have the energy to open the gate. He nudged Ishita, "Go open it... you sucked off my energy." Ishita giggled at his melodrama and crawled toward the door any way opened it. Aditya was standing at the door, she knits her brows, "Someone better is dying...". Aditya rolled his eyes, "Grandma... she wants to see you'll including Armaan Bhai... and yeah maybe she's dying".

Ishita bites her lower lips, "Can I take that back?" Aditya rolled his eye at her comment and turned away leaving. Ishita gave Armaan a look he shrugged his shoulder and picked the clothes from the floor. He leans forward and pecks her lips, "If you want you can come with me or better take rest here...". Ishita nodded her head understandingly and freshen up layering herself with makeup covering up the bites Armaan left on his skin. She got dressed anyways to see Yamini even if she hated this midnight conference.

Armaan walked towards the living room where everyone was present. Yamini was sitting on the couch weeping with her one foot on the center table. "What happened Grandma?" Yamini didn't answer that and kept crying out her misery. Nayantara's forehead ceased, "Maa... how are we going to know what happened when you aren't going to say anything?". Yamini looked up at her with burning red eyes, "You want me to speak out about the kind of humiliation I suffered." By now Ishita walked downstairs standing in the circle around Yamini between Armaan and Abhimanyu.

Nayantara sighed in defeat, "Is it all about the cousin's wedding ritual? Come on they are modern generation children and might not want old generation people to be involved in the wedding due to many reasons and maybe this is good as they didn't want us to see something distasteful at the event." Yamini looked away with tears rolling down her cheeks. Ishita crossed her arms, "Wow... I thought to see someone wrapped in a white bedsheet rather I see a cold-blooded person crying out about her sprained leg. No complaints... but isn't it childish."

"Ishita..." Abhimanyu warned her in a dangerous tone but she brushed it off easily. Yamini wiped her face, "Don't scold her, Abhi. She isn't wrong calling me cold-blooded because that's the way I treated her. I have a lot of regrets in life now that I don't want to die with." Armaan mumbled, "Did she fail to hear something about the white bedsheet?"

Yamini looked up at them, "Although I don't deserve your forgiveness, I do apologize for my bad behavior. Nayantara has been the most responsible person in this family still I kept scolding her for her little blunders but she never talked back. Though Ishita talks back every time she has a heart pure of gold. I have never met such a cocky yet warm-hearted girl who deserves the world." Tears rolled down her cheeks, "...I'm sorry for treating you guys badly" and she busted crying.

Nayantara and Ishita had eye contact then they shrugged in sync, "It's okay Maa... you don't need to feel bad about it we don't mind it. Rather your scolding's made us work hard to accomplish perfection." Nayantara tried to ease the emotional situation. Yamini nodded her head, "Thank you... I was thinking of a hug..." she spread her arms lovingly to hug them. Ishita scrunched her nose followed by Nayantara, "Um... we're good."

Yamini awkwardly smiled and looked down at her sprained leg, "I think it's better now and it's past my bedtime so I'm going to sleep you should also." Abhimanyu helped her get up and took her with him toward her room. Ishita slowly approached Nayantara, "Is it only me or do you also think she was genuine this time?". Nayantara shrugged, "No one can say that... but surely guilt is the biggest thing people die with. Maybe she got closer to her reality..." Ishita snarled, "Close to reality... really, she got a sprained leg and remembered her all past wrongdoings. On top of it this sincere apologize speech could have been delivered in the morning."

Nayantara chuckled, "Did she come in between your romantic nights? I bet she did since no one sleeps with this much concealer and makeup." Ishita looked away shyly, "We have underage children in this room... so just keep it low." She glimpsed at Aditya. "Don't change the topic... let me know if you guys are planning something." Ishita threw her hands in the air dismissively, "Okay... I need to get back to sleep so bye and good night." And walked away shyly locking hands with Armaan. Nayantara smiled glimpsing at her, "I'll take that as a yes...".

They all left the place but Nayantara stayed there and looked in the direction Abhimanyu took Yamini. Deep inside her heart, she had a pain caused by Yamini which millions of apologies couldn't bury. People make it seem easy to forget the past and move on, but those who suffered in the past couldn't forget the hard time they faced when no one stayed with them.

Nayantara was also a daughter-in-law once she faced numerous accusations about things, she didn't do but as her mother taught her to be patient and tolerant, she never opposed Yamini's tantrums and tolerated them anyways. All these years Nayantara focused on giving her children the best and forgot her pain and suffering. But the day Armaan spoke about getting married to a bubby outspoken girl. Nayantara pledged to protect her at every cost and give her everything she craved as a daughter-in-law of a family. The freedom, respect, and importance in the family.

Many hindrances were in the way breaking their bonding to protect their family name but Nayantara chose not to be anything like Yamini. That woman spoiled Nayantara's mental health at that time. She still has some traumas and bad experiences that come in front of her eyes and she acts like her at some points finding her true self. So, now if Yamini apologized a million times it won't fill up the wounds of the past and maybe she couldn't forgive her at all. Abhimanyu came back and saw Nayantara deep in her thoughts he placed her hand on her shoulder to which she flinched.

"Um... sorry maybe I zoned out... is she fine now..." Abhimanyu nodded and asked her, "What's bothering you now? I thought since Maa apologized your pain and suffering might have disappeared." Nayantara passed him a sly smile because she didn't know what to feel since the past wounds don't heal it just stop feeling anything.

" Nayantara passed him a sly smile because she didn't know what to feel since the past wounds don't heal it just stop feeling anything

Today's task: 40 votes + 20 comments

I'm still searching for Karan Johar's fictional colleges because mine is not even close to the normal colleges. It's quite a hectic one... trust me colleges are the worst stay in school. 

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺