Chapter 54

Third Person POV:

📍Ascot, Berkshire, England.

Ascot Racecourse hosts horse races where wealthy and powerful families either get their horses in the race or bet money on the other horses. Veronica stepped out of the car with Armaan waving at the camera. She was on the theme of the event which had big hats including Armaan wore a simple yet classy tux and walked past avoiding the flashy cameras.

Ishita stepped out of the car at a different entrance she adjusted her blazer and mumbled under her breath, "This hat is so big that I might trip...". Ritika cleared her throat, "It was necessary Ishita you didn't need to fire that fashion specialist. She just helped you to be on the theme..." Ishita rolled her eyes, "I don't care... did you get the seat next to Yusuf?" she nodded, "Yes... and have included our horses in the race. She nodded her head and walked inside adjusting her hat.

A lot of security guards surrounded the deck; Ishita passed them getting to her seat. Ritika nudged pointing at the guy wearing a white Afghani turban. "That's Yusuf..." Ishita raised her brows and walked close to that guy. He had his back towards her talking to some man standing in front of him, Ishita silently stood behind him and was going to call out his name. The man talking to Yusuf gestured to him mentioning someone's presence behind Yusuf. He knits his brows and turns to face Ishita, she gave him a sweet smile and forwarded her hand to give her an introduction but Yusuf chuckled mentioning, "Ishita... what are you doing here? As much as I remember you used to hate gatherings."

She raised her brows in confusion and glimpsed at Ritika, she was as confused as her. Ishita awkwardly smiled, "Um... that's true but how do you know me? Have we met before sorry if that sounds mean but I'm bad at remembering names and faces?". Yusuf smiled at her, "I'm aware of it..." she smiled back at him and tried to remember his name but end up being more confused. Yusuf slightly ruffles her hair and utters, "Don't put too much pressure on your rusted brain because you might know me as Yasir Sheikh." Ishita gasped, "Yasir... are you kidding me?" He chuckled and shrugged it off "No... I'm not..." he gave her a big hug.

Ishita smiled awkwardly as she wasn't a hugging person, "I can't believe that the college bullied child is the prince of a royal family. It's the kind of fictional story Disney presents but as much as I remember you were an ass towards me." He chuckles, "Well... it has nothing to do with me because my father wanted me to learn the value of money and understand people. So that I don't grow up as a rich brat..." Ishita rolled her eyes, "Rich people imposter..." Ritika cleared her throat dragging Ishita's attention and reminding her that she shouldn't be mean to him.

 Yusuf mentioned, "Just to remind you, I haven't forgotten the embarrassment you caused me in college. If you're here to repeat your past mistakes then remember who I am and what I can do to you and your reputation." Ishita narrowed her eyes at him and now she was aware that her plan screwed up. She walked back to her seat and Yusuf indulged himself in talking with the man. Ritika nudged her, "What was that you both were like one minute good with each other, and in the other, he was giving you death threats?" Ishita rolled her eyes, "Nothing serious... he's just overreacting over small things." Ritika glared at her, "Tell me what you did to him...".

Ishita huffed in annoyance, "Yusuf with the name Yasir used to study in the same college as me. We were batch mates and good friends until the lecturer appointed us to do a project together. He was too much into the research project that I used to feel left out following him like a lost puppy. At the time of getting credits, he only use to mention his name and I used to be his helper." Ritika raised her brows, "Then..." Ishita glimpsed at her, "Then what... he got on my nerve one day arguing about the kind of efforts I put into work. I got irritated by his comments and burnt down his research papers... to ashes a day before the submission."