Chapter 40

Ishita's POV:

Gulping a glass of orange juice Maa explained whatever happened inside these four walls. Veronica crossed her legs sitting in front of me next to Armaan, not to lie they look good together. "So... is there anything else you need to get out of your chest before we get into this." "What do you mean?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at me. "It should be obvious to you that you will have no other option but to settle this. You have to give me alimony or Armaan". In frustration, Armaan rubbed his forehead. Every seed you sow will eventually yield a harvest.

"So, you decided to sit on your ass for three years instead of coming back sooner." Armaan looked up and uttered, "Doesn't it make it obvious that she knew that after I got married it won't be easy for me to back off." I shrugged. Veronica spoke in between, "You guys can have your time to get your attorneys team and discuss things before taking any decision." I sighed, "I'm going to tell Ritika to book you a hotel or a rental place... I don't care. Till then we can get those marriage licenses reviewed by some lawyers and gather the whole Goel Family shareholders to see if we can get things arranged under one roof. But till then I don't wanna see your ass around here..." I stood up removing the cease from my dress.

She cackled awkwardly and asked, "Why hotel or rental place? I can live here... like eventually, this place would be mine, and..." Maa left a long sigh, of course, she couldn't stand the idea of seeing this face roaming around. "No... you're not staying here because I love to moan at the top of my lungs which you wouldn't like to hear in the middle of the night." Armaan blushed and stood up adjusting his coat. Veronica gave looks but couldn't find the word to express it, she turned and left the place clanking her heels.

Armaan turned to move away but Maa stopped him by grabbing him by his arm. I was confused by her actions but her words expressed it all. "Last time I told you to keep this drama away from my house." She glares at him. Armaan looked everywhere but not at her; Maa growled in anger "You will drag the Family name to mud and before you do that I will throw you out." He scrunched his nose in shock and confusion, "Mom... you can't be serious... it was a mistake. I loved her and kept doing reckless things to keep her but that doesn't mean you will throw me out now because of this." She gazed at him with no emotion, "I will talk with your dad today and ask him to throw you out of the will." She walked past him towards her room.

We both had eye contact, Armaan looked so distressed that he would probably faint or something. I approached him holding his arms, he uttered in a low voice "I'm sorry... I... don't know what else to say because of me you got stuck in so much..." placing a finger on his lip hushed him. He pecked on my forehead and walked upstairs towards our room. I followed behind him, he sits on the edge of the bed checking his phone. He looked up at me in disbelief, "During the trial, you threw a sandal at someone inside the courtroom in front of the judge..." I shrugged with a sheepish smile, "That someone was my father's lawyer who was trying to turn the gun points at me." he sighed, "I knew you were crazy but never had the idea to be this much."

I seated next to him holding his hand, he glimpsed at me from the corner of his eyes "Is something bothering you?". I looked up at him do I made it that obvious for him to figure it out. "Can you hug me?" he smiled and pulled me in a hug making me sit on his lap and rubbed my back. I needed that more than any consolation hiding my head on his shoulder his intoxicating cologne calmed my nerve. I could feel his tense muscles calm as well, separating from him I looked into his dark eyes carrying various emotions. He faked a smile and caressed my face pushing my hair back, "Don't worry everything will be fine..." I nodded in agreement and hugged him again. But something didn't feel alright...

Third Person's POV:

The next day in the evening, everyone gathered in the living room to discuss the issues created by Veronica. Armaan's dad Abhimanyu walked inside with a lawyer Ishita got the hint that this thing is serious. Yash nudged passing her a folder, "This has the copy of documents through which Veronica is making up the case..." she raised her brows, "What will I do with it?" he shrugged, "You already have one case going on... I thought maybe something will strike you because they all will not have any solution for this issue. And Armaan wouldn't agree to a settlement because he earned it with his hard work. This is a war..." she took the file from him.