Chapter 57

Ishita's POV:

Rubbing my forehead, I tried to sit up on the bed but a heavy body was crushing me down. Lifting my eyelids, I found Armaan lying on half of my bed deep in his sleep removing his arm I walked out towards the bathroom of the hospital ward. Touching my forehead, I still had a mild fever but felt quite fine. Washing my face, I walked out of the bathroom and yelped seeing Armaan standing in front of the door.

"You scared me... you were sleeping just a minute ago on half of my bed. What kind of treatment is it for a patient?" I mumbled with my racing heart. Taking deep breaths, I looked up at him, "Sorry... I wasn't able to sleep comfortably for a few days and felt comfortable beside you. It's my fault you needed to take proper rest and I made you feel uncomfortable." He lowered his eyes filled with guilt. Biting my lower lips, I walked close to him "I was a lot uncomfortable with it because you weren't on top of me..." he cackled lowly, "You're nasty..." I shrugged off his comment.

Armaan slowly embraced me I felt melting in his warmth rubbing my back he asked, "How are you feeling?". I hugged him tightly, "It's better now..." he smiled on the crook of my neck and placed a soft kiss. He cupped my jaw making me look at his deep eyes filled with passion, "Ishita... you really pulled my heart out of my chest. Please... never put yourself in trouble for me because you're the most precious thing for me." I passed him a small smile and asked, "Won't you have done that for me if I was the one in danger?". He stared at me and replied with a passionate kiss sucking my lower lips.

I moaned breathlessly wrapping my arms around his neck, he broke the kiss for oxygen while kissing down my neck. My breathing got uneven and I started panting for breath as my vision got blurred. Shaking my head vigorously I tried to gain consciousness but at last, failed and fall on my butt hitting the floor with a loud thud. Armaan stared at me in confusion and quickly picked me up patting my cheeks, "Ishita..." rest of the thing was a bit blurred.

The next time I opened my eyes was when someone poured a bucket of water on my face. Panting for breath I woke up drenched in water coughing badly, Armaan rubbed my back to ease the sensation. In front of my eyes were a male doctor and two other female nurses with blonde hair. "Do you still feel dizzy?" the doctor asked I stared at him, "Who will after getting drenched with a bucket of water?". His lips formed a line as the nurses giggled, he cleared his throat "You have low blood pressure so avoid breathless activities for a day or two. Drink a lot of water and have a healthy fruit smoothie bowl with a pinch of salt." I nodded my head glimpsing at a distress Armaan standing next to me.

The doctor passed him a prescription paper "These are the medicines she will need to take for at least three days. You can take her back home after signing the discharge paper." Armaan nodded at the doctor's comment. After the doctor left the nurse forwarded her hand towards Armaan, "Let me help you with that..." she took the paper from his hand almost touching his fingers. Armaan passed her a small smile and mumbled, "Thank you..." I stared at him with wide eyes.

When Armaan looked back at me, he almost jumped backward and struggled to speak "What... she was just helping me as a nurse... and I just passed her a polite... smile. Not a seductive one... and she knows you're my wife. I wrote your surname Goel in the application form." I maintained eye contact and spoke sternly, "I didn't ask for an explanation..." he visibly gulped, "You mad at me..." I mentally rolled my eyes and placed a fake smile on my face, "Of course not as it was a polite smile...". He left a sigh and smiled weakly, "You're the best wife I got in the whole world." With a cackle, I spoke copying his tone, "Thank You..." he slapped his forehead softly as I got up from the bed and walked inside the washroom.

On our drive home, he brought me a burger, peri-peri fries, and a brownie. Taking the bite of the burger I glimpsed at his side profile, he caught me staring at him and asked: "Are you still mad at me? Then how about a pizza?". Grinning widely, I looked outside the car window, "Why would you ask that?" he smiled stealing a glance, "Because I know the only way to charm you is by offering you food." Cursing myself I took another bite of the burger, "Fine... you got that point as a good husband and yes I want a liquid filled cheese pizza with lots of baby corn." He chuckled and took a turn towards the pizza food station.