Chapter 63

Armaan's POV:

Today I'm pledging that I would never use the word surprise for Ishita because hell she's impatient. On the way, it was the hundredth time she asked me about the surprise in her loophole questions. She's annoying but in a cute way that sometimes might bother but glimpse at her lovingly carefree face anger vanishes. "Okay just tell me is it water, desert, or diamonds what is it" she drew circles on my arms.

Gripping the steering wheel with one hand I took her hand in mine kissing the back of it. "Love... I can't afford diamonds for you because half of the money earned is put back into work, I'm trying to pay back all the debts. Once I get enough you would surely get one of the most beautiful sets of diamond jewelry." She snapped her brows at me, "Armaan... you have debts of what? Did you buy something expensive for me? Why do you have debts and why wasn't I aware of it". Maybe I overshared things with her...

I looked out of the car, "The weather outside is refreshing... what would you like to eat? Ice cream or pizza?." From the corner of my eyes, I stole a glance she was still deadly staring at me "Armaan... tell me... tell me whatever happened?" With a sigh I gave up on the idea of keeping it to myself, "It's nothing much serious... I just ran out of money and borrowed some for my expenses." She placed her hand on my shoulder, "Armaan... you could have told me. As far as I know, you're the one who's a lot conscious about money and wouldn't squander it on bad things. Then why did you hesitate to ask me..." her smiling face drowned into sadness.

Ishita crossed her arms and looked outside sadly, "Ishita..." she avoided me. Her sadness is one of the reasons I keep my problems to myself because she's an excellent overthinker and would torture her little brain thinking about useless stuff. Parking my car on the side of the road I touched her shoulder she tilted her head making my knuckles touch her softly numb cheeks. Pulling her face towards me I looked into her glittering eyes. "Ishita... trust me it's nothing too serious." She fluttered her eyelashes, "It's because of me right... you left the house for me because you didn't want to divorce me but I just ruined everything."

Scratching my brows, I tried to comfort her, "No it's not... it was needed... I needed to face the world without having someone's back. But I still have you if something would have got wrong, I would have asked for your help." She shook her head, "No you're lying... you would have suffered without letting me know because you never want to share anything with me. You always do that and never let me know anything prior... you even accepted the news of your marriage with Veronica without even giving me a hint." I stared at her blankly because her words were more like a taunt to me.

"So... you mean it's my fault that I keep things from you because I know it will hurt you to know. I left the house because they turned their backs on me when I needed them and I didn't bring you with me because I could have lived in misery but can't see you suffer. Accepting the marriage with Veronica wasn't planned by me and I didn't know how to tell you this. The reason I have kept anything from you ever is that I care about you and didn't want it to hurt you in any way, or that I did not know what to say after the damage has already been done. If you think it's my fault then yes, I agree with you it's my fault and my way to love a person" I accepted my mistake honestly.

Ishita blinked twice taking it all in and mumbled in a low voice, "Armaan... I didn't mean it in any way like that." Starting the car, I took a turn and drove back to our house she didn't say anything throughout the way. Due to my spoilt mood and avoiding anything that could ruin the situation, I also chose to be silent. She stepped out of the car first and stopped in her track glimpsing at me. My phone buzzed checking the caller ID I saw that it was Yash, and I slipped it up to my ear, "Hey sorry to say but you need to cut short your romantic date because we have an emergency. The contract was signed by Yusuf, and his PA is asking you to follow through on the deal. I guess it's the time we show our cards..."