Chapter 5

Armaan's POV:

"Armaan I think you should see this..." Yash forwarded his iPad playing the breaking news. Those who don't know he's my best friend we know each other since kindergarten but that story is for some other day. Playing the news I saw a girl wearing a green salwar suit sitting with some reporters interrogating her she had tears in her eyes and explained, "No sir... I don't remember anything regarding that but I have the images in which Aadesh Goel was standing bare chest in front of me. I was under the drug influence so I wasn't able to remember anything but my friend who was present with me at the party took these pictures to show the police and seek any help but they denied it as Aadesh is one of the powerful people who control everything." my forehead ceased as I was unaware of it.

The reporter asked another question, "Rakhi Ji, how were you able to enter the party in which only politicians and high-end people were allowed?". She looked up at the camera wiping her tears, "My father was the cook at the party and I went with him to help in cutting vegetables and other choirs". I looked up at Yash he shrugged, giving the iPad back I sit back thinking about it when Yash explained, "It's quite a big allegation, and the Election commission will soon declare the date for the election. His image will be ruined and state legislative won't be able to do anything not even after fat checks".

I checked my phone Rishabh texted me asking permission and advice on who he should send to sign or collect the contract from Ms. Mehra as we need someone trustworthy. A small smile appeared on my face after the last incident I quickly hide it but Yash is my childhood friend he caught it. "Your brother could get arrested under rape charges and you're smiling on whose text, Bhabhi hai kya? (is it sister-in-law?)" he smirked and tried to get my phone but Anamika Bhabhi, Aadesh bhai's wife called me at the right time. "Ha Bhabhi (Yes sister-in-law)" I picked up the call instantly and replied. "Armaan... did you see the news? This shit is serious, that women posted pictures of their intimate encounters. I don't know what to do." she replied restlessly.

After consoling her for good 20 minutes her blood pressure came back to normal. Why does every female bust-up with emotions hearing anything wrong about her husband? Ordering Yash to hire an investigation team and keeping eye on opponent political members. I picked up my phone, "And where the hell are you going?" Yash asked crossing his hand up to his chest. "Oh... there is a very important deal that I need to sign. You can handle this right..." he looked up and down at me. "Armaan... what's going on?" he asked in a concerned and teasing voice. "Nothing is going on Dad... now I need to leave or she will taunt me for being late... shoot..." it slipped out of my mouth.

Before he could fire questions on me I flee from my office and got inside my car. The driver drove and stopped in front of the Mehra Building, which was comparatively smaller than mine. Apparently, we have three consecutive buildings and this is only one building. The receptionist took orders and then showed me the way through the elevator, standing outside her office a girl came out and gestured me to go inside. A picture slipped from her file picking it for her I saw it was Kartik Oberoi, my brows knit together. She sort of snatched the picture from my hand, "Sorry Sir..." with that she left, and I entered Ishita's office.

"Come... sit..." she motioned pointing at the seat in front of her. I admired her then the picture swirled in my mind, "You could have sent someone else to receive the contract, why did you come here?" she asked busy with her coffee and reviewing the contract before passing it to me. "I couldn't trust you what if you made me sign some illegal documents and then put me in jail." she shook her head in disbelief "Seriously, I don't have any personal issues with you like I do hate you for disrespecting me in London but nothing serious to put you in jail." she shrugged carelessly. I like how freely she says whatever comes first in her mouth, she reminds me of someone.