Chapter 28

Armaan's POV:

Checking the mails, I closed the laptop and reviewed the Chinese tech company proposal file for the new project. It was still bothering me why the chief of the company had a connection with a terrorism base organization. But this deal could have helped me get exposure in the tech industry and a huge amount of money from marketing, so I decided to go with it.

Walking down the hall I found my mother's girl gang laughing and giggling at something. Mom looked a bit uncomfortable rubbing her knuckles and smiling awkwardly, I could feel something is off. "Armaan beta... come..." Sanjana aunty called my name as I walked toward them. "I hope you all are enjoying your time..." they smiled at my comment then asked, "Where's your wife? we came to meet her but she never came out. I think she ran away like the one who did it two years ago." she chuckled to make it funny but it wasn't.

Mom smiled uncomfortably and replied, "No... there's nothing like that. She had something important that came up and needed her attention." My forehead ceased if Ishita was busy with something she could have told mom earlier and she wouldn't have called this slag off ladies. I felt a little bad for my mother but had to handle the situation, rolling my sleeves I dictated, "I have married a working woman so it's natural that she might fail to attend a low-ranking soiree. The thing is I don't want her to sit back home and pop a child every next year, anyways leave this... how's your daughter-in-law? I heard she's pregnant with a baby boy after two beautiful girls. Congratulations." Their faces drained and couldn't take another sip of their tea.

"Ahh... I need to head back home. We will meet your wife later." Sanjana aunty stood up and nudged the woman sitting next to her to get up and leave. Mom gave them a sweet smile and accompany them to the entrance. "Why do you say such a thing? She was so excited about her grandson." Mom complained sitting next to me. "Really... she was literally harassing you and you were listening to it, seriously mom does this socializing thing is much needed." She sighed, "Tuu Nhi samjhega..." when they don't have a legit answer it is the best excuse to drop the topic.

"But where's she?" I asked her and she looked at the entrance a cute pink fluffy toy walked inside stuffing a subway burger in her mouth. She looked up at us with her hands overloaded with brown paper bags, maids came forward and took the bags from her.
Ishita's OOTD-

She took a bite of the burger and glimpsed at us in horror, "Do I look like a cheap butterhead? If not then why are you guys staring at me

She took a bite of the burger and glimpsed at us in horror, "Do I look like a cheap butterhead? If not then why are you guys staring at me." a smile crept on my face her light pink blush was driving me insane. Taking a deep breath I asked her, "Where were you and more specifically dressed like that?" she looked down at her attire and took another bite of her burger, "What's wrong with this?" ugh I'm going to lose myself she looks so innocent but she indeed is a devil.

"Answer my question first..." her brows knit together, "Subway..." she showed her burger and then took another bite. "Mom told you at the breakfast table that you were needed to attend a friendly get-together." She gasped, "Was it today? Crap..." and looked at Mom with her mouth opened in a perfect 'o' and mumbled, "Maa... I totally forgot".