Chapter 4

Okay, so I'm going on a lunch date with Mysterious Moreli? Was this a trick?

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. Mr. Morelli, this pristine specimen of a man wanted to take me to lunch? Either I'm the luckiest woman alive, or something fishy is going on. I went to the bathroom to freshen up for my little 'date.' I cannot deny that I'm excited to be asked out by a handsome man. I examined my reflection and I must say that the wash and go was definitely NOT it for me today, my hair was a coily curly mess going in all directions. My face sporting a high blush, I looked a complete disaster. I got my brush and with some effort I got my messy hair in a little bun at the nape of my neck. It's nowhere perfect but it will do. I didn't have any makeup on me because quite frankly I don't wear it, it brings me too much attention. Satisfied that I no longer looked wild, I made my way out of the bathroom and I stopped dead in my tracks as I overheard Morelli.

"Makenzie! It's a definite yes to your offer," Morelli says, "If your receptionist accepts my offer." he finishes.

"Yeah, yeah I know." My boss replied. Mmm, suspicious.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, my inner conflict and turmoil started. There was a tense silence in the reception area. "If she's not outside by the time my ass is on my car seat, " Morelli continued, "then consider my offer off the table." Then he was out the door. The beefy guy followed closely behind. I quickly retreated back to the bathroom. What the actual fuck! My heart is racing out of my chest, my panic rising. What's actually going on?

Mackenzie gently rapped on the door, I cracked it open a little and peeked through.

"Hey look," Makenzie began, "It would really help the business if you would go to lunch with him today. you're not doing anything wrong, it's just lunch!" He gave a nervous laugh.

I just continued to stare at him. You motherfucker!

"You are required to take your lunch, and besides, someone is just offering to pay for it."

*More silence,* I folded my arms. I'm not going anywhere.

I raised my brow and stared at the little chihuahua, "Fuck it! I'll raise your pay!" He says it as a final resort to get me to agree to this.

It worked because find myself smiling as I responded, "Double my pay and you have a deal."

"Deal!" He says with no hesitation. Ladies and gentlemen, this was the convincing factor I needed. I'll always want more money given my situation.

Not a second later and he's forcibly pushing me through the door. "Now, just go!" He barked. Fucking Chiahauha. I didn't need much more convincing. I was already through the door. Morelli was in his car, the door already opened. Oh Jesus, please don't let me regret this. I smiled at him and quietly entered the car. I noticed that the beefy big guy was not in the car. Mmmm, that's strange.

"Jason," Mr. Morelli began, "take us to the restaurant."

I tried to keep a smile on my face, but I knew I was grimacing by the way my face hurt. So many questions flashed through my mind, which restaurant are we going to? Is this even safe? Which location are we going to? My mind is scrambling, I'm not sure what to think. My brain hurts Morelli sighed and leaned his head back with his eyes closed.

"Relax honey, it's just lunch." He said a smirk gracing his thick lips.

"Whatever," I grumbled. trying to be cool but inside I was a mess.

He peeked over at me under his long lashes. Shit, I think he heard me! He's so calm and collected, while I'm here freaking out. He's examining me as I'm examining him. He truly is attractive, he smells divine. His long legs sprawled out, brushing up on my legs. I've never done shit like this before!

"Take a picture honey, It'll last longer." He said,

I panicked, and blurted the first thing that came to mind, "Fuck you, I mean we don't even know each other! Of course, I'm gonna try to get a good look at you." What an asshole!

Apparently, Mr. Hotness didn't like my response, because his eyes snapped open and those icy blues landed on me. My treacherous body shivered excitedly. "Say that again, if you dare," He threatens me, slowly pushing his face close to mines, " I will fuck you if you ask me nicely." I watched as his eyes roamed over every inch of mine and then settled with the intent on my lips. Unconsciously I licked my lips in anticipation, holding my breath for that blessed moment when our lips would connect. "We're here Sir." James interrupted. This little bastard!

The restaurant was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I feel so out of place being here dressed in black jeans and a button down shirt and my hair in a messy bun at my nape. There was a huge chandelier that ran from ceiling to floor. It was tastefully decorated with a gold and white aesthetic. The chairs added a pop of color. It was red with gold trimmings around it. I was amazed, it took me a moment to let it sink in that I'm actually here.

"Good evening Mr. Morelli." The person at the front desk greeted us. He looked like a typical butler. "Hey Johnathan, My usual table please, and send Mandy to assist us," Morelli said politely.

"Yes Sir, of course, Sir." Johnathan nodded. Wow, He seems like a regular at this very expensive restaurant.

We made our way to our table and I saw that we were headed to the big chandelier. There was a soft violin playing in the background. It was so soothing to hear. He sat down at our table and our waiter Mandy came out and gave us the menu. I could not understand the things that were listed on this menu so I had to ask Mr. Morelli to explain. He chuckled lightly.

"This one here is Boeuf Bourguignon." He says softly "It translates directly to mean Beef Burgundy ″ then pointing to another item he explained; "This one is quiche lorraine. It consists of bacon, onion, swiss cheese, and eggs, quiche lorraine is sure to satisfy your hunger." I'm surprised he's being so patient with me. "I think I'll just have the quiche lorraine but can they add chicken as well?" I asked. He looked at Mandy pointedly. "Yes, we can sure can!" She smiled at me. "I'll have the filet mignon," he placed his order. "Surprise us with deserts." He looked at me seductively. I blushed heavily, readjusting myself in my seat. My body catches fire with each glance from those icy blues.

I'm like a blushing idiot!

Mandy recommended some appetizers for us to start with. After having our appetizers of soup and breadsticks.

"So," I said, trying to make conversation, "Why am I here?" We're starting off a little bit heavy but that's ok.

I watched as he drank his fill of the delicious broth. I actually thought he may not have heard me the first time.

"You intrigued me. Your natural beauty is hard to resist. I think you are beautiful and I want you" He says this looking directly at me. I blushed deep red, holding my head down because I couldn't keep eye contact with him.

"I always get what I want, honey." He finishes. What the fuck do I say to that? I remain silent. I stuffed the delicious breadsticks in my mouth to avoid responding to him. Looking everywhere except on him.

Not long after our main course arrive, my meal was smelling delicious. It was decorated prettily like a fancy pie. I was so hungry so I tackled it head-on. Afterward, I was so full, almost bursting out of my pants. Finally, we had dessert, which was chocolate cake. It was the best cake I've ever had, to say that I was enjoying my evening would be an understatement. It was amazing and Mr. Morelli was actually a gentleman for once. We were finally done.

"That was the best food I've ever had." I say genuinely, "thank you."

"You are welcome, honey." We chatted a little as we walked over to his car. We sat down in the passenger seat. Morelli took me back to the dingy office, where I collected my remaining belongings and got in my car, and drove home. What an interesting day.