"You're not my mother, Alycia."

"And you!" She turned her head to face Owen, his eyes growing wide, an amused smile on his face. "Why didn't you stop him?"

"I tried. He just threw me across the room and did try to kill me too, might I add."

Alycia sighed, walking to a chair and sitting down on it. She ran her fingers through her hair, her eyes shut in frustration. I exchanged amused glances with Owen, before she cleared her throat.

"What were you doing in the basement." Alycia's tone was more calmer now, her voice more quiet.

"I'm using my torture room again." I said, stepping out of the doorway, shutting the door, a bit to hardly for Alycia's sake, for she flinched.

"Quiet! Jade is upstairs." Alycia spoke harshly yet quietly.

"Is she asleep?" I asked, pretending to not be worried about her. The image of what happened between us hours ago was still implanted in my head, and this time around, I needed to distance myself from Jade.

"Yes." Owen replied this time. I turned around to secure the lock around the basement door, making sure no one went down but me.

"Is she alright?" I asked Owen, leaning against the door and looking across to him.

"Her knee and hand were broken, leg injured." Owen explained.

"You gave her your blood?"

"Yes. But I'll need to leave to the hospital to retrieve some blood for her, so she doesn't die. I assume that she doesn't."

I listened to Alycia's heart beating a bit faster at the mention of Jade dying. I looked over to her, seeing her eyes pointed down to the ground, not meeting my gaze. Because the second she would meet my gaze, I would figure out if she was hiding something from me.

"Ok." I turned my attention back to Owen. "Leave now." I said, pushing myself off the door. I turned the corner, about to go upstairs, when Alycia's voice rang out.

"Are you going to see Jade?"

"You did say she was asleep, right?"

"Yes."

"Then yes, I am going to see her." I said. Owen walked past me, squeezing my shoulder in a friendly gesture.

"You should probably wait till she's awake so you two can talk. And so she can see you too. And you also might want to change." Alycia said

"That's the point. I don't want her to see me." I walked upstairs, hearing Alycia say nothing in return.

The door to my room was slightly agape. I approached it, standing at the doorway, spotting a sleeping Jade at peace in my bed.

I was then above her, looking down at her face in the dark. Walking to the corner, I turned on the lamp, keeping it at its most dim.

Turning back around I approached Jade slowly, her eyebrows creased together in tension.

Before I could take hold of my actions, my hand was suddenly on her face, cupping her burning cheek. Jade seemed more pale, her breathing slower. I ran my hand down my arm, which also seemed more smaller under my touch. I could now make out a single cut on her skin yet, thanks to Owen's doctrinal talent. I just stood there, looking down at her mesmerizing yet pained face, as she tossed her head to the side. I assumed she was having a nightmare, but if she woke up, I didn't want to be here.

The scent of her blood was still strong and overcoming to my nose, but I also smelled something different in her blood. It was blood, yes, but it seemed more pure or dark, however you should put it.