chapter nine | new

Jaxon.

He's a good kid, I see why you're into him. My advice is not do anything stupid, I'd still love to see him around.

I kept bringing up the images of the chat bubble in my mind. I never once hide the smile that were formed in my face even as I leave the room. I bumped into Curran on my way down the stairs, he even asked what made me smile so stupidly like that, but I just shook it off and tell him goodnight. I didn't realize how long did I got lost in my own head, I wasn't even aware that I am now slurping nothing but air from the strawberry slurpee that I was drinking inside Alex's store.

"Thanks for coming." I heard Alex mutter towards the customer that was buying two crates of beer. Seeing the two crates of beer makes me want to throw a party myself, celebrating the silly moment of mine after reading the text from Harry to Missus Anderson.

"Please, do tell me all about your troubles tonight, Jaxon." Alex, sarcastically stated while taking a drag from his joint before puffing the smoke out of his mouth. I bit my lip to supress the grin that was about to break out on my face.

"I think I'm in love with her."

"No, you're not." My eyes remained fixed upon Alex. When I mentioned being in love with Missus Anderson, I wasn't entirely sure if love was the accurate term for the rollercoaster feeling that has been coursing through me. Alex must have sensed the gravity of the situation as I only stood there, no defying him whatsoever. Silence in the air before he picked over the fact that I am, serious.

"No way, you're not, Jaxon. It's just a silly crush." Alex tries to brush off my statement. But, I fought back. "No, it's true, man! I think I am in love with Missus Anderson." I stated.

"Okay, how so?"

"Okay, okay. There was this one time, she asked me to drive her to the Styles' mansion, and we had a small conversation where she asks me about my, my hobbies and my favorite thing to do which I answered that I am passionate in arts and crafts right. Then, the next thing you know- and mind you, I think it's like weeks or.. or months later, she asks me to pick her up from the Styles' mansion and she introduced me to Harry Styles—who is really an important person in the art world by the way, and she remembered how I was into art!" I explained until the very last breath.

"Okay, and?"

"She remembers, man!"

Alex snorts, his reaction made me pulled my eyebrows together and frown. "That, is why you think you're in love with the woman? Jesus Christ. My seventeen year old sister called me chivalrous just because I poured her a drink, and I bet she'd fuck with me if she's not my sister." I cringe to his statement.

"It's logic, man. She remembered you liked painting, so she introduced you to this Harvey Styles-"

"Harry Styles," I nonchalantly corrected him.

"Harry Styles guy who loves art too, and she wanted you to bond with him because she feels like it's a good deed. Period, it's just common sense, man. And thank god she has one, because lucky you, she doesn't treat you as only someone who works for her." There it is.

"OKAY! There it is. It's just different with her," I began, my words carrying the weight of sincerity. "She treats me in a way that makes me feel remembered, chosen. There's a certain change in her composure, a subtle shift in the air whenever we're around each other. And I think that's what makes it so emotionally important for me. It was more than routine politeness, it was a genuine connection that seemed to transcend the ordinary, man." I sighed, and I realize I kind of went full on dramatic words into it. I turn my back towards Alex before I lean against the counter, my arms crossed.