chapter twelve | new

Jaxon.

"I SAID LEAVE."

Her voice cutting through the air with a directness that left me stunned. The simplicity of that command, uttered without emotion, struck me deeply, unexpectedly.

I hadn't intended to seek appreciation nor validation, though I did had the intention to apologize for crossing the line. As I stepped out of the house, regret weighed heavily onto me. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me, I failed to put myself in her shoes; to understand the impact of the information delivered that kind of information about her husband, from out of all people; her Gardener's son.

Her directive wasn't just a request to leave; it was a stark reminder of the pain caused by my lack of judgment. As I processed the depth of her words, the reality of her hurt, and my own blunder, it was a humbling realization that stung more profoundly than any dramatic turn of phrase ever could.

But, does that stopping me from seeking another chance to explain myself?

To be there for her?

No.

She may have won this time; she may think that she's the one in control but guess what?

She's not.

I may not understand women in general, but I do understand people. In this particular instance, she doesn't necessarily require assistance; what she truly needs is a reminder of her own incredible essence. It's not about pointing out the errors in her choices; rather, it's about acknowledging and appreciating her for who she is.

And there would be no other than me, myself.

----------

"So, let me get this straight, you told the woman who is your boss that you caught her husband fucking someone else in the Gazebo that apparently supposed to be her wedding anniversary gift... And she flipped on you?"

"Well, I didn't exactly told her about the Gazebo. I just... Blurted out that he's cheating on her." I scratch the back of my neck. Alex is leaning his body against the counter, invested with the information that I just shared.

"Why would you do that?" Alex's voice dripped with a mix of concern and reproach. With that kind of tone, made me feel guiltier than I already did. Because, I knew I shouldn't have done that but I did it anyway.

"Because, I couldn't stand listening to her rambling on and on about her thinking that she's not being a good wife to her husband." My voice laced with defensive tone.

"Your feelings got in the way." Alex pointed out, tilting his head.

"Yeah, no shit-"

"But, you had no right to do so." I looked at him bewildered.

"What do you mean? I'm doing her a favor to quickly leave that dumb husband of hers." I defended, again.

"I'm sure she knows, Jaxon." Alex chuckles as he pull out a pack of his cigarette.

"She doesn't know."

"Of course, she does. Bro, never hesitate on a woman's instinct. They may appear as a damsel in distress but they were never in distress. They just looveee to make us think that they are because that'll feed our ego." That's an interesting information.

I sighed, prepping my hands on the counter as I look at him. My eyes seeking for answer, a good one that hopefully will tame the guilt that is moulding inside me. I'm aware of the purpose why I talk to Alex was to find some kind words to justify my actions. But even a man who's addicted to crack could tell that I was fully in the wrong.

"What should I do?"

"Look, clearly Missus Anderson looks like a woman that doesn't liked to be told to. Nor be perceived as the kind of woman that needs to be mansplained. Just, take it easy on her." Alex's words carried the weight of earnest concern as he tried to shed light on the situation as he explained, trying to bring understanding to the gravity of the circumstances.

"Give her time, bro. She's a human, not a robot. I'm sure she needs time to digest that kind of information. This isn't supposed to be about you, Jax. It's about her." He added, attempting to redirect the focus to the heart of the matter.

Alex's right. That once purpose to find a justification for my action is now long gone. Regret and sense of remorse loomed heavy within me.

How had I allowed my pride and ego hijack the situation?

None of what I said should have ever left my lips; I had no place meddling in such personal affairs. Missus Anderson had shown me kindness, yet my ass-head sabotaged it by blurting out information that I had no right to disclose.

I thought I was acting in her best interest, that I was rescuing her from a life of perceived degradation. But in reality, I overstepped my boundaries in a misguided attempt to be her savior. To add the cherry on top; I confessed my feelings that should have remained unsaid. The mere memory of those words brings a wave of discomfort that makes my skin crawl with embarrassment.

Realizing the things I said makes me cringe. I can see now how reckless I was and the trouble my actions caused. Missus Anderson shouldn't have been involved in that situation, especially not with my own personal feelings thrown in. I crossed a line and tarnished a relationship that was based on kindness and mutual respect. It's a heavy weight to bear, knowing I caused this trouble due to my own thoughtless behavior.

"Well, I do want to apologize to her."

Alex nodded, he seemed to be in an agreement with me. "You go ahead and try to do that."

"In the meantime, I need to be distracted. I can't shake off my thoughts of that fucking move that I made." I shivered.

"Do you want me to link you up with some girls?"

"Sure, I guess."

"17 year old's sounds good?"

There's the stupid motherfucker that I knew.

I rolled my eyes and sigh. I know someone who can be a good company. My lips pursed as I dug my hands in my pocket in search of my phone. I didn't want to go to the stupid party in the first place, but I have to. Even if I get my ass on fire and risking my dad's job.

Hey, Lydia

Still need a date for the party?

----------

AN: Short chapter i know, consider it as a filler chapter ehehe.. Vote & Comment what do you think so far! xx