chapter five | edited

Jaxon.

Something bad is 'bout to happen to me,

I don't know it, but I feel it coming,

Might be so sad, might leave my nose running,

I've been listening to this song on repeat, Dark Red by Steve Lacy. I found the lyrics to be very enticing and very relatable to my current situation. The fact that the title of the song itself is also a piece of how I see Missus Anderson, a dark red. Red lipstick would cover her full-rounded lips. Even when she's out of her business attire, a dark red lipstick would plastered on her lips.

It's been five days since I caught Mister Anderson with his mistress, and I couldn't stop thinking about it ever since. I am in no position to unravel such things, and I don't see how I could gain such benefit for telling Missus Anderson about it. You wouldn't want any, you wanted to tell her because you care about her, my conscious spoke. Through the days, I would catch Missus Anderson in the living room, in the backyard, or in the kitchen sitting on her kitchen island with a cup of coffee on her hands, a pen in between her fingers, a glasses perched on her nose. I couldn't help but marvel at her exquisite beauty every time she sank into deep concentration. It seemed the world has faded away, leaving only her in focus. Her eyes, usually alive with curiosity, now held a captivating, unwavering gaze—locked onto whatever task held her attention. In those instances, I would found myself silently drawn into the spell of her concentration.

"Here, you should take some for your family back home." Lydia, the Anderson's maids said as she gave me a bag of containers that contains food in it pulling me out of my thoughts.

"It's too much. It's just us three, this is a lot, Lydia." I insisted.

"None sense, you can always put it in the fridge and heat it up again. It'll last for three days, don't worry about it." She insisted back, there's no way you can fight a woman in this situation so I decided to give in and thank her.

I heard the sound of the familiar heels clicking against the tile floor and just as on cue, there goes Missus Anderson walking in with a crimson dress that clung to her curves, the fabric embraced her form as though it had been crafted to accentuate every graceful contour of her body. The dress stopping just above her knees at her knees, it's a one shoulder dress that gives off this elegant and classy look. My eyes darted from bottom to the top, slowly swallowing my saliva.

"There you are, Lydia. I've been looking for you everywhere, why didn't you answer the intercom?" Missus Anderson sigh as she made her way towards the stool and sat on it.

"I'm so sorry, Ma'am. I was cleaning up food from dinner." Lydia answered.

Missus Anderson sighed again, "Alright. Can you call Donald and tell him to come around the bar, I need some cocktail."

"Yes, right away, ma'am." Lydia nodded her head before she looks at me with a smile and excuse herself. I cleared my throat then take a big gulp from the glass of water in my hand. Missus Anderson must've just noticed me as she asked,

"You're just finishing up, Jaxon?"

"Yes, Ma'am. Almost, there's still a couple of things that I should work on before I finish up." I told her as I look at her to find her with a pursed lips, looking at anything but me.

"You can drive right, Jaxon?" Missus Anderson gaze sets upon me.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Don't bother cleaning up whatever you're about to do, can you drive me to my friend's place? I need to be there in 20 minutes." Missus Anderson spoke as she fiddled with her purse to find her lipstick before she re-applies it to her lips.