chapter eight | edited

Jaxon.

When I got myself in bed, wrapped in my warm blanket, hugging my pillow and still have the privilege of letting out a big, satisfy exhale. I kept reminding myself if I could still sleep in a comfy bed, with a comfortable blanket and pillow, I should be grateful. I'm grateful that my dad had gotten the opportunity to work for the Anderson's. I couldn't say before the Anderson's, we were having a comfortable situation, because we're not. My dad and I would go from door to another door to offer our service. If we're lucky, we'd get 7 houses needing our service in a week. If we're not, we would only get 3 houses in a week. We were working on scrapes until Missus Anderson remembered him and called.

Complaining about your job is common. Especially if you knew you're not making enough money but your boss needs you to work more, or when you couldn't find comfort underneath the treatment from your boss at your workplace. I'm proud to say that I don't have anything to complain at all. In fact, I love what I do. Aside from the fact that I get to use my skills, the bonus part is the people around me. I've had a great time building the Anderson's Gazebo and I would get help sometimes from Dale or Curran which made my job a lot faster.

"To a Job well done, boys." Dale raised his glass as I and Curran joined him with cheers. We bumped our glasses with smiles on our face before we took a big gulp of the beer that Lydia had poured for us. Working alone is fun, but working with these guys, I wasn't expecting a full of entertainment and adventure. I might be exaggerating but honestly, I'm just grateful. With the help of Dale and Curran, leaves me jobless honestly. I have nothing to do anymore, well except for helping my dad. But, sometimes he likes to work alone too. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree right?

"Thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without your help." I expressed, with a beamed smile on my face.

"Yeah well.. We're glad that you're letting us help you out. Though, we're ninety percent sure that we didn't know what we were doing." Curran chuckled as I glance at Dale to find him snickering. I've roughly estimated that the Gazebo will be done by the next couple of months because of the weather that hasn't really been cooperating—if done alone. But, Dale and Curran was kind enough to lend some muscles and time, and the result? Was far from what I'd expected.

The sound of Dale's ringtone blaring from his phone while he took another big gulp from his beer. He pushed himself off from leaning against the table and dig out his phone. "The devil has called," He announced before he swiped his thumb across the screen and pressing on Speaker phone. "Yes, Sir. How you doing?" Dale's tone laced with professionalism mixed with annoy-ism in which I just smirked to myself.

"Dale!" The sound of Mister Anderson. "Bobby informed that Jaxon has finished with the Gazebo, is it true?"

"Yes, Sir. Let me hit you up with a video call, would you?" Dale offered.

"Ah, don't have to. I'll be home in 3 days, right before the party. My wife told me she has contacted the event planner, they will come and brief you and the workers tomorrow. So, be prepared and assist them in everything they need, will you?" Mister Anderson requested.

"Of course, Sir. I'll inform Bobby also." Dale firmly nod his head.

"Good, and tell Jaxon, Good job and thank you, I'm sure Emilia would love it." Dale looked at me with a raised eyebrows and a nod. I tipped my head back as a response, bringing my glass to my lips.

"Will do, Sir. Have a safe trip." The line cut off before Dale locked his phone and put it back in his pocket.

"You heard the man." Dale took a big swing from his beer as he chugged it down. "Let's tell the others." Curran nodded his head while he pushed himself off from the chair.