chapter fourteen | new

Jaxon.

As the dream turned real, it felt like slipping into a familiar yet surreal experience, caught between wanting to savor every moment and wondering if it could truly be happening. When our lips finally met, it was a mix of nerves and excitement, like that first kiss sensation we all remember, minus any awkward teeth bumps. Her breath grew uneven, soft moans escaping as if from deep within her being. My hands instinctively reached for her cheeks, but she redirected them to her waist, her own hand finding its way to my throat. In that simple yet charged exchange, amidst the soft sounds and tender touches, we found ourselves lost in a moment where everything else faded away, and only the connection between us remained. The only thing that broke us apart, was when we needed to catch our breath.

My tongue grazed against my bottom lip, seemingly on autopilot, seeking to evoke the memory of hers sliding against it. It was a subtle gesture, a subconscious attempt to reclaim the fleeting sensation of our kiss. In that moment, as I lingered on the sensation, there was a quiet longing for the intimacy we had shared, a desire to hold onto the memory a little while longer. The sound of another woman's voice interrupted my thoughts, I'm such a douche for yearning someone else's presence while there's another woman beside me, excitedly talking about her experience.

I look at my watch and the clock strike at eleven-thirty PM. I have thirty minutes left before it turns into midnight and I have to find a way to slip into Domenica's office without alerting anyone.

"Jaxon,"

"Yeah?"

"Have you been listening to everything that I say?" Lydia watches me with a slightly annoyance written on her face. After spending one hour of talking, she now just realizes it?

"Uh, yeah.. You're uh.." My hand went to scratch the back of my neck, trying to come up with an answer which we both know it's bullshit because we both know, that I never listened to anything that came out of her mouth, until my eyes landed on a pair of Hawkeyes from Domenica from a far. She looks unhappy.

Another woman's request, I have neglected.

"I don't ever want to see you near her, ever again." Was what she said, two hours ago.

"Lydia, it's getting late, should I walk you to your room?" As I am talking to Lydia, my eyes never leave Domenica's. I watch as she shook her head in disapproval, slowly, before disappearing into the crowd.

Less problem that I need to solve, thank you for making it easy, Lydia. As I was about to follow Domenica who's disappearing into the crowd, I felt a tap on my shoulder prompting me to halt my movement. I turn around and its Mister Anderson.

"Jaxon, been looking everywhere for you, my boy. I just want to say thank you for helping me create this masterpiece of a vision, come to life. Emilia was impressed, startled actually. She loves it." Mister Anderson kept giving me fatherly taps to my shoulder, and the only thing I could do is smile and nod along.

"Thank you, sir. Honored to participate in the project as well. If you'll excuse me,"

"What's the rush? I need to introduce you to a fellow friend of mine that I'm sure would pique your interest, they're in the architecture business, it'll be a great opportunity for you." My once slumped shoulders became perked up. This could be a great opportunity indeed... I won't expect much but I'm sure I could scrap some information up.

"What do you say? Spare me your minute?"

I straightened my posture and tipped my head to the side, "Don't mind if I do."