Partners

After meeting a mysterious human who knows the Grim Reaper’s real name, Amelia Watson. Calli decided to come with her to Amelia’s office. She was convinced that this human knew something.

They both arrived at Amelia’s office. Rather than being called an office, this building was more like an ordinary house. And inside, it looked like a simple house.

With a fireplace that wasn’t burning, a desk full of messy papers that didn’t know what they contained, and a whiteboard full of pins that had been jabbed to indicate Amelia Watson’s next plan.

Many of the plans on the board were full of messy scribbles and also the word ‘Fail’ indicating her failure.

Calli did not want to ask further about the messy atmosphere of Amelia’s house, she would only ask about Ollie, then the person who turned her on. After that, she would go straight from here.

Amelia then sat on the swivel chair and leaned back to recover from walking on the hot street. She took off her light brown jacket and fiddler hat and put them on the coat hanger beside her.

“You can sit on the sofa if you want,” Amelia said, pointing to the red sofa by the fireplace. But Calli ignored her.

“So Amelia Watson-“

“Just call me ‘Ame’, I already call you ‘Calli’ anyway.”

“.... So Ame, I followed you because I thought you might have information I could use.”

“I know that. There’s no way you would follow a stranger you just met.”

“So if you can tell me as soon as possible, I’ll leave here and not interfere with your life anymore.”

“Is that a question?”

“Yes.”

Amelia then paused for a while as if she was thinking. Then she smiled faintly and cupped her chin in her hand, while the other hand tapped the table with the tip of her fingernail before she finally gave her answer.

“What will happen ... if I refuse?”

Calli brought out her large scythe from nowhere and drove it straight into Ame’s face. The impact of the scythe sent the papers on Ame’s desk flying, although Ame remained calm and did not turn her face away from Calli in the slightest.

She knew Calli would not kill her because she was currently confused and needed information. Moreover, her ability this time was only limited to the peak of ordinary human strength. And as expected, Calli’s scythe tip stopped right in front of Ame’s face and did not hit her at all.

“This room is a mess because of you, you know,” Ame said without moving her gaze from Calli.

“Don’t waste my time, human.”

“I’m not wasting your time. In fact, I brought you here to shorten the time and explain everything to you.”

“Then why did you refuse?”

“Before answering that question of yours, there is something I would like to discuss with you.”

“I’m not interested.”

“You’re so cold, huh? But then this conversation has reached a dead end. You can’t reach your goal, and neither can I. Then it’ll be a bad ending for everyone. Do you want that to happen?”

Silence invaded between the two of them. Although now the Grim Reaper’s scythe blade was inches in front of her nose, there was no look of panic on Amelia’s face. Instead, she was calm and seemed to be in control of the situation.