I sit still holding my cup in both hands, although it's burning hot I seemed to have suddenly gone numb. I don't think I could survive what she has, and I know for a fact this is probably not the only bad thing to happen in her life, I see it in those eyes of hers, I see all of her.

"You care about her" she suddenly says and I couldn't be more confused.

"Of course I care about her"

"I don't mean to upset you it's just that- well I'm trying to keep her safe and although I can't stop the herd of assholes coming for her I can definitely keep people who pretend to care for her far away"

"You think I'm one of those assholes?"

"No, I can see you have great love for her, that you truly care about her. It's one of the reasons why she's so fond of you, you don't just pretend or lie even, you show it to her in ways others hide from. You're not scared of emotions let alone proving them"

I honestly didn't expect that, that was very, it was very beautiful.

"I've never really found reason to hide my feelings, but then I guess I've never been forced to suppress them either. I like people knowing they matter, so no, I don't mind proving them"

She smiles warmly "thought as much"

"And Bane? What's your view on him?"

"My opinion on that will never matter, but you clearly have some feelings you aren't being too honest about"

"Oh trust me I've made them very honest, and noticeable too" somehow hating him now feels wrong though.

"But?"

"But now I hate myself that I'm mad at him"

A light chuckle escapes her "that's because of what you know now"

"So you think I should ignore that and hate him all over again?"

"I think you shouldn't base your decision on what you know now, but instead focus entirely on why you started feeling like this in the first place"

"Well that's easy, I know why I'm mad at him"

"Because of how he hurt Mia?"

"Yes, he truly loved her Levi, so much so he would've of sacrificed the whole damn planet to see her happy. I trusted the way he looked at her, the way he cared for her instead of looking deeper. What he did was disgusting and although we're trained for these things it happening to Mia felt more than wrong. When I saw her face, when I saw her shatter right in front of me I sank right down with her, I will never understand how she could possibly stand to be near to him after all he did"

There's a glint in her eyes that tell me I'm being blind, that what I've said isn't entirely right.

"As cliche and annoying as this will sound and be, it's called love Max. There's so many versions of it that you couldn't possibly call any one of them entirely wrong, you may never understand every single one of them but it's still love, even if it isn't for you. What they have though is something much greater, something no one might ever experience and I believe that with my whole heart"

"So you don't hate him?"

"I don't know him well enough to feel like that, and even if I did I couldn't hold on to it. Not when Mia doesn't feel like that at all" she shakes her head side to side lightly, her cup rises and she takes a sip of the steaming coffee.

"Somehow you've made me rethink everything I thought I knew for certain"

"That's a good thing" she smiles.

"Sometimes, sure"

"Why'd you come back here for him then?"

"For him? No I came back for Mia, Ray texted me that they found Mia and I didn't think twice before flying over here" speaking of Ray leave it up to him to sleep through everything.

"I'm guessing now you're rethinking that"

I chuckle "nah, not even a little bit"

"Well I hope you keep that mentality because there's more shit to come"

"What do you mean?"

"Not yet, I'll explain everything when they wake up but all I will say is Mia will need all the support she can get"

"Levi will she ever catch a break?"

She pauses along with me, I know there's no-one alive that could possibly answer that question but still, in hopes I'm wrong I still ask.

"I sadly couldn't possibly know, but we can try and make it as less painful as possible"

"That goes without saying"