Aftermath

Casper woke up feeling weak, vulnerable and miserable. their throat felt heavy whilst everything else felt light, still denying that Spark had abandoned them. their mind, for once, was quiet, like everything inside them, striving them to keep going had just died. It took nearly all their strength to open their eyes, and the only reason they fell asleep was because they cried so much.

Just as they felt happy for the first time in years, just as they thought things were going to start getting better, it was all stripped away from them in only a couple of hours.

He kept on trying to convince himself that everything was going to be ok, that they could still visit Spark and that he wasn't truly gone, but it was to no avail. It wasn't the same to them. "Hey bud" a familiar Australian accent was heard at the door, though they didn't care to look who was speaking, they already knew. Footsteps were heard coming to them, soon seeing Clyde standing beside them on the bed.

"Are you hungry at all? It's almost lunch time and you haven't eaten for the whole day" Clyde asked, a worried tone basking his voice. Casper didn't care for his concern. They stayed quiet. Alex and Serge hadn't come to see Casper yet, as they thought it wasn't their space to trek in at the moment.
"Look, I want you to eat at least something, it can just be small, but please just something" He said as Casper propped their back up on the beds pillows, looking at the male with drained eyes.
"I'm going to get some apple slices for you. I'll be back" The light blonde said, again not receiving an answer.

The brunette decided to grab their book. they saw that their ink pen had been replaced with a modern ballpoint one, but they didn't care. Flipping through multiple separate entries they made in the middle of the night, they got to a blank page, smoothing it out before writing on it.

18/8/20

I'm so tired. I can't do anything. I've lost hope for everything and I've given up.

Sparks left me, he's given me to one of his friends who i don't even know. I'm scared.

Was I too much to handle? Was I too sensitive?

I'm still in denial. My brains not letting me accept the fact that the one person making me feel safe has abandoned me.

-Casper

Casper closed the book with a sigh, small tears dropping from their eyes and marking the leather cover, before seeing Clyde come back with a small bowl, a little bit bigger than the brunette's palm.

"Here, I don't expect you to eat all of it, but I don't want you to starve" Casper was surprised at Clyde's patients with them. If they acted like this around their parents they would be dragged out of bed by the ear. they felt bad for acting so mopey around him. It wasn't Clyde's fault Spark abandoned him, in fact the only thing the male has done to Casper is give them shelter and attempt to make them feel comfortable.

Casper silently took the bowl and looked at Clyde hesitantly.
What if he kicks me out like Spark did? they thought worryingly. The way Clyde had been treating them had to be too good to be true, something terrible is bound to happen soon.

"Alright, I'm going to go now, please just shout my name if you need anything" The taller male said. Casper wanted to respond with a thank you, or an apology for being so silent, but they couldn't bring themself to do it, seeing Clyde exit the room and close the door before they could speak.

————————

1: "shit.."

1: "They weren't meant to see that"

2: "I know. I got them out quickly, but the damage has already been done"

1: "How are we going to guide them now?"