Three

Wednesday 10:30 PM
September 25, 1996

I was in my room reading when I heard something out on the roof. I set my book down and walked over to my window. I peaked my head out and saw Billy walking across to get to Sidney’s room. “What’cha doin, Romeo?” He jumped a little, spinning around to look at me with wide eyes. “Fuck. yn, what’re you doing here?” he asked. I raised my eyebrows at him. “Well, you see I live here and this is my room. It would have been easier for you to just climb up onto the roof from the other side.”

He looked a little awkward just standing there. “So you going to tell me why you decided to climb into my sister’s bedroom window?” I asked. He looked hesitant to tell me anything. I rolled my eyes, “I'm not going to tell my dad if that’s what you’re worried about.” He relaxed a little after I said that. "I was at home watching TV and I got bored. Thought I'd take a drive and come see Sid." I hummed, "well, have fun. If you were hoping to get laid you know that won't happen." He glared at me and I smiled, closing my window and curtains.

Only a few seconds later I heard Sidney let out a small scream and then dad was knocking on her door. I was so entertained by all this that I had to know what her excuse would be. I walked out into the hall and across the landing. "Yeah, Sid, what's going on in there?" I asked, smirking at her. "Nothing. I didn't scream," she said. "I swear I heard a scream," dad said and she shook her head. He gave her a look but let it go.

"Okay, well, I'm going to bed. I have an early flight in the morning. Remember–" before he could continue we spoke at the same time. "You're staying at the Hilton beside the airport." He nodded his head, "and if you need anything just call me. I've left money for you if you need it. Good night, I love you." He kissed Sidney's forehead then walked over to me and did the same. He walked back down stairs to the guest room, well now his bedroom. I walked over to Sidney before she closed the door. "Romeo, should really be more discreet when trying to sneak in through your window." I winked and walked back to my room.

When I walked back into my room Stu was sitting on my bed. "How the fuck did you get in here?" I asked, quickly closing and locking my door. "You gotta lock your window, babe. Now come here." I rolled my eyes but went over to him.

Thursday 8:00 PM
September 26, 1996

When we got to school the next day there were news vans and news reporters covering the lawn. "What the hell is going on?" I whispered to Sidney. I had taken the bus since Stu called and said he wouldn't be able to pick me up. We looked around and my eyes stopped on one person in particular. Gale fucking Weathers. She decided to take advantage of our mother's death. She took Cotton Weary's side and then wrote a fucking book.

"Did you guys hear?" Sidney and I both jumped. "Jesus, Tatum," I said, putting a hand over my heart. "What's going on?" Sideny asked. "Casey Becker and Steve Orth were murdered last night." We looked at her with wide eyes. "What?!" I shouted. "And not just killed. We're talking splatter movie killed--split open end to end," she said. I felt fucking sick ti my stomach. "Casey Becker? She sits next to me in English," Sid said.

"Not anymore. Her parents found her hanging from a tree. Her insides on the  outside," Tatum said. I looked at her and she cringed. "Shit, sorry, yn. I know you guys were friends." I nodded my head, "yeah, kind of I guess. Do they know who did it?" I asked. We walked up the steps to go inside the school. "Fucking clueless–they're interrogating the entire school. Teachers, students, Staff, janitors."

"They think it's school-related?" Sidney asked as we stopped before going inside. "They don't know. Dewey said this is  crime they've ever seen. Even worse than…" Tatum stopped talking. We knew what she was going to say. This was the worst crime they've seen since our mother's murder. "Well, it's bad." We walked into the building after that and headed to class.

Everyone was being called to the office to be questioned by Sheriff Burke. Sidney and I were called at the same time and it was awkward to say the least. After we were allowed to leave we went to one more class before meeting everyone at the fountain. "Hello, beautiful," Stu said, kissing my cheek when I sat between his legs. "What kind of questions did they ask you, guys?" Tatum asked. "They asked if we knew Casey," Sidney told her. "Yeah, they asked when the last time was when I saw her. I told them when she came into the video store around like eight-thirty."

"Yeah. They asked me that too," she said. "Hey, they ask if you like to hunt?" Stu asked Billy. His arms were wrapped around me holding me to him. "Yeah, they did. They ask you?" Billy asked and Stu nodded. "Hunt? Why would they ask you
if you like to hunt?" Tatum asked, confused. She popped a grape into her mouth looking between Billy and Stu. She was sitting on the other side of me and Stu right beside Randy. "Cause their bodies were gutted," Randy said.

"Thank you, Randy," Billy said, sitting up more to look at him. "They didn't ask me if I like to hunt,' Tatum pouted a little. "That's 'cause there's no way a girl could've killed 'em," Stu said. I turned my head to look at him. "That is so sexist," I told him. "Yeah, the killer could easily be female. Basic Instinct?" Tatum said, rolling her eyes. "That was an ice pick. Not exactly the same thing," Randy said, popping something into his mouth.

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. And the fact is, It takes a man to do something like that," Stu shrugged. "Or a man's mentality," I said. He smirked at me and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "How do you... gut someone?" I looked over at Sidney. Her head was looking down at her lap as she played with a loose string. I reached over and grabbed her hand and she squeezed it back. "You take a knife, and you slit 'em
from groin to sternum." We looked at Stu in shock and disgust.

"Hey. It's called tact, you fuck-rag," Billy said. "Hey, Stu, didn't you used to date Casey?" Sidney asked. Fucking low blow, Sid. Sru scoffed out a laugh, tightening his hold on me. "Yeah, for like two seconds," he said. "Before she dumped him for Steve," Randy said. "I thought you dumped her for me?" I asked. I mean sure me and Casey were friends but we weren't that close. Besides she was never really into Stu in the first place. "I did. He's full of shit," Stu said, looking at Randy.

"And are the police aware that you dated the victim?" Randy asked, smirking. "Hey, what are you saying? That I killed her?" Stu asked. There was no way Stu could do that. Why would he? It's not like he had a grudge or anything. And I just can't see him killing a person. "It would certainly improve your high school 'Q', " Randy said. "Stu was with me last night, okay?" I said. Stu kissed my neck, a smile spread across his face. "Yeah, I was."

"Ooh?" Randy says, eyebrows raised. "Was that before or after he sliced and diced?" He asked, leaning over Tatum a little as he stood. "Fuck you, nutcase. Where were you last night?" Tatum asked. Randy sat back down and shrugged, "Working, thank you. And yn was there too," he said. "At the video store? I thought they fired your sorry ass." I chuckled, "They did. Twice," I said. "I didn't kill anybody," Stu said and I kissed his cheek. "Nobody said you did."

Stu looked over at Billy and smiled, "Thanks, buddy." Yeah there was definitely no way Stu could kill someone. Billy only on the other hand…well i could see him doing something like that with that pent up anger he has. "Besides, it takes a man to do something like that," Randy said, trying to mock Stu. "I'm gonna gut your ass in a second, kid," Stu told him. "Tell me something—" Randy stood up. "Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? 'Cause I heard they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and her pancreas."

"Randy, you goon-fuck. I'm trying to eat here," Tatum said, throwing a grape at him. "She's getting mad, all right? You better liver alone," Stu said. I rolled my eyes and watched Sidney get up. She kissed Billy and then walked away. "Sid, wait up!" Tatum grabbed her stuff and ran after her. "Liver alone! Li— Ow!" Billy punched Stu in the arm. "Liver. Liver. It was a joke."