EPILOGUE

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : vice city
. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷0:57 ————|——— -2:10

◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷
0:57 ————|——— -2:10

2 months later

"So you're telling me... in the past three years, you did wireless, dated Digga D, released an album, got with you're mortal enemy, got a mobo award, reunited with dad and killed Tiff and Tina and Morgan died."

"Yep, pretty much it."

"Wow... and I thought my life was mad, this is something else." Tyrone sighs as he takes a sip from the cup.

I decided to see Tyrone one more time before his release. After that we're going to fly out to Nigeria for mums's wedding. When Tyrone found out about it, he was surprised to say the least.

But he knew deep down, mum needed stability and now she has a shot at it. We've not told dad yet and I think it's for the best, I don't think he's over mum and I don't think he'll ever be.

"It's been a long run, but now shit going to be different. Now I can focus on myself and my music."

"That's good Lu, I'm proud of you. I know I don't say that often, but you are the success story of our family. You've proved we're more than just a criminal record. Just keep doing you innit."

"Thank you bro. I really appreciate that."

"Visitation is now over."

"I better be going, Oakley said he was going to take me out today."

"Stay safe sis." Tyrone hugs me before being escorted back to his cell.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Oakley... where are you taking me?" I whine as I walk aimlessly with a blindfold on. "We're almost there so you can stop you're whining." He says as we walk into a cold room, he holds me still and turns me around as he takes off the blindfold.

"What..." I look around the ancient looking building, I could tell this was a church. "Why are we in a church Oak?"

"Because you need to do some reconciliation, you're always talking about letting the past go and having a chance to put the bad times behind you. But you can't do that until you come to terms with your past. So you're going to talk the priest."

An old white man walks towards us, I could tell he was the priest. "Hello Lucrecia, I'm Father Michael, Oakley has told me a lot about you."

"Hope it was good things."

"Trust me they were, anyways I was told you wanted to do a confession today?" He looks at my sceptical face and looks to Oakley.

"Yeah about that..."

"Father, she wants to do it, but she's just a little nervous." He pushes me towards the priest as he goes to sit on one of the chairs.

"Come my child." He ushers my along, I hesitantly follow him, I wanted to cuss out Oakley but I actually want to go to heaven, so instead I give him the dirtiest look I could muster before running up to catch up with Father.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Father, I have done my fair share of sins. I've lied, stolen, all that but I just want to leave that all behind me."

"What do mean by leaving it all behind?"

"All the mistakes and bad choices I've made in my life. I want to be able to wake up without feeling guilty or there's a target behind my back."

"Lucrecia, sometimes in life for us to progress we need to make mistakes, do bad things, sometimes it's for the best while other times it's for worse. I'm not telling you to dwell on the past but you need to see the positives of it as it built who you are now.

Instead of being blind to the reality, embrace the mistakes and own them and then one day that guilt will turn into acceptance.

Don't focus so much on removing the past but instead building your future."

"Thank you Father, I think I'm going to take your advice."

"May peace be with you and may God be by your side and guide you through your journey."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"So how did it go?" Oakley asks as we walk through the cemetery. "It was actually good, I feel more at peace within myself then ever before."

"That's good, see... sometimes church ain't that bad." Oak nudges me in the shoulder, we continue to talk until we reach the tombstone.

Morgan Sola
A Daughter, A friend And A Sister
1998 - 2021

"I miss her everyday you know, I wish she was here with us. She would have loved to come to mum's wedding. She even helped me plan some of it." I mutter, trying not to cry but it was hard, my best friend shot dead. Sometime I can't even get my head around the fact that she's actually gone.

I would spend weeks crying in my bed, I didn't eat, sleep, shower all I could do was cry. Winter tried to comfort me which interrupted her own mourning period. Eventually she was needed back in Italy so she left after two weeks.

I couldn't blame her though, her life shouldn't stop because of me.

"It's okay, now she's at peace, she wouldn't eat you to be dwelling on her, Morgan would have wanted you to enjoy life and do it for her."

"She would..." I kneel down in front of tombstone and kiss the top of it.

"Don't worry Morgan, I'll keep on fighting for you." I get up from the muddy ground and indulge Oakley in a long hug.

"I love you Oak."

"Love you too Lu."

◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷0:57 ————|——— -2:10

◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷
0:57 ————|——— -2:10