twenty seven

clouds pov |
the next morning i woke up, lo'ak entangled with me still. sitting up he does too, his eyes slowly opening.
"good morning." he smiles at me.
"good morning." i say.
we walk out seeing neteyam and tuk playing tag in the water.

kiri hands me some water, talking to me about how jake and neytiri went out for a little swim.

everything feels so much lighter. lo'ak and i sit in the main hut, talking about what we should do today.

"oh! how pretty! the flowers are blooming." kiri points out.

"let's go get some for neytiri." i say.
we walk over there, lo'ak stays in the hut to prepare for an early lunch.
kiri and i split, i go to the left of the tree and she goes to right.

loaks pov |
kiri and cloud leave. neteyam walks in all wet, showing me the seaweed he got for our lunch.
ao'nung and rotox walk by, smiling as they walk in the same direction cloud went in.
whatever.

terrible terrible screeching we know all too well. neteyam and i get up running to find cloud in this sky, the boys limp on the sand.

kiri crying and bleeding.

kiris pov |
cloud and i have gotten a lot closer. she's been so much better since she got her wings.
i can't see her right now, but i know she's there. i then see ao'nung and rotox walk towards her.
my intuition tells me something is off..

i slowly peek out.
suddenly seeing rotox challenge her to wrestle, cloud loves to wrestle. she does, they lock hands like they're playing mercy.
it was nothing...

i then see ao'nung behind her, he begins pulling on his wings. rotox yanks her towards him.

she begins screeching. i see a rock and grab it.
fuck both of them.

as i run i see clouds tail attach to her neck.
"pain"

her eyes turn completely white.

both boys yelling like they've been stabbed 100 times. as they fall to the ground, i drop the rock. running over to cloud.

she looks like her normal self again, but horrified.
"it wasn't your fault!" i yell.

"i'm a monster." she says.
they set her up to look like one.
she bends down.

"heal."
suddenly the boys awake, sitting up. having no pain.

"you two are asswipes." is all i say.
cloud flies up, i then see lo'ak and neteyam standing behind me.

cloud begins crying.
"what the fuck is the matter with you." lo'ak steps forward.

"enough." ronal says.

- vbelle.