nineteen

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
lo'aks pov
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
it's been two days. dad keeps saying it's going to be okay. mom is trying to distract me, with food, love, activities. tuk isn't herself either, kiri is trying to do what mom is doing to me. neteyam just sits with me in this feeling. staring at me. feeding me. it's about to be eclipse. another day without her. without her smile. her jokes. her laughter. we're all sitting in the hut. the sullys are backed into a wall for the first time. except we're not getting out of it. our angel has been ripped from us.
laying on our beds. in silence.

"let's go swimming." neteyam stands.
i can't fight him. i don't, standing with him mom gets up. she forces a smile, she must feel what i feel. cloud connected to her too.
we walk out. the clouds are beautiful, i don't want to notice these things. but without her i can't help but see her in inanimate objects. the shells, the waves, the fish. they all have her written on them. suddenly we're walking into the water. we both stop at waist level.

my mouth naturally drags down at the ends, creating a frown. the emotions are spilling out of me like clouds blood.
neteyam dips his body down, standing back up looking towards me.
"it's like she's swimming with us" he points
the fish come by us, hugging our body.
as if the ocean was mourning with us, everything is so... lifeless.

we dive in, swimming around. trying to escape this feeling.

neteyams pov |
i dip my body down into the water. as if it would be like a hug from cloud.
she's obviously painted the sky in purples and pink. she always put on a show. i notice the fish swimming towards us, they are comforting us. as if she sent them.
"it's like she's swimming with us." i point.
lo'ak is so, awful. a shell of who he used to be.
we begin swimming. i want to pretend she's still here, she's right behind me. she's about to show me a cool fish, a shell. when i come up for air, she'll be right there with us. our cloud.

we come up, climbing onto a rock. overlooking the village. fuck dude.

"was it worth it?" i ask.
"what?" he dryly answers.
"if you knew how the story ended. would you do it again?" i turn towards him.
watching the eclipse on this rock.
"it hasn't ended." he snaps.

stubborn bitch.

"i know. but, whatever lo'ak. if you knew this intermission would come, would you do it all again? would you fall for her? would you spend all your days with her? would you want to get to know her?" i ask.

"yes. i'd do it all over again. to have her be mine, even if it was for a few hours.

she gave me purpose. i was more than
a boy. a stupid teenage boy.
i was a young man in love.
i was a something more."

fuck, he really was in love.

is this intermission permanent?

- vbelle