twenty

jakes pov | fourth day without cloud | 5:45 am
                   ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
i walk into the hut where we're keeping her. different tribes helping us. tubes running in and out of her. mothers, wives, husbands, men, children, anyone helping us. testing on her. i can't help but feel sorry for her.
is this all she'll ever know? people keeping her in a room? testing on her.
i sit down next to her holding her hand. she evokes emotions from people. she was a helpless girl then, but now, i can save her. we can save her. she deserves a chance. a chance to be free. to love. to see her children run.

i can't imagine this. i can't imagine this is how it ends for her. i got a second chance, people who are shit human beings get fourth chances.

fuck.

all of her memories and only one month out of her life, she truly laughed with others. she spoke to others. and that's it? she'll never get to get married? grow old with lo'ak? have kids.
watch them feel sand for the first time.
eat fruit and let the flavors explode their tiny little mind.
watch how they're a perfect blend of you and him.
she would've been the best mother. 

seeing her. drained of who she once was.
maybe she's already gone.

is it selfish to keep her here? the poor girl has been through so much. i kiss her head.
before i leave her i tell her,

"you can leave. you can go. if it makes the pain and hurting stop. cloud, make it stop. we will never blame you."

five days.

six days.

seven days.

eight days.

two weeks.

neytiri and i hold eachother as we fall asleep.
"is she gone, jake? be honest." she cries into me.
she's been crying for the last two weeks and a half.
"yes." i breathe out.
neytiri can not contain it anymore. screaming out into my neck. holding her. lo'ak jumps up, looking at me. his face melting into a cry.
everyone in the sullys begins crying. mourning the loss of someone who was only here for one month.

someone who changed us.
someone who made us better.

and this is how she ends? this is all she is?

goodbye my sweet angel.

- vbelle