sixteen

your pov |
i'm deformed. why would the universe do that to me? why would it trick me like that?
"you connected to me cloud." lo'ak huffs out.
he's enraged for some reason.
no. not to lo'ak.
"no, it was neteyam." i rebuttal.
"no, it was me, i felt all the emotions and shit." he says.
i sit there dumbfounded. i thought for sure it was neteyam.
the boys are sitting in front of me.
silence.

silence.
-
silence.
-
silence.
-
i continue to stare at the ground.
-
"is it really that crazy to you? that we connected." he sounds hurt.
KINDA
"no no lo'ak, you're great. you're a great person but. this is soul. mate. like when it comes time for me to have kids, i will only have kids with this connection." i try to tell him.

"and you, what? you don't want to with me?" he stands up.
"ugh, you're emotional and difficult to deal with sometimes." i spit out.
but i did feel the most butterflies with him.
he walks around the hut.
"you want him, don't you? you are disappointed it was me. it's fine. no. it's fine cloud." he lays back in his bed.
"no no lo'-"
"save it." he says.
neteyam leaves the hut without saying anything.
tell him how you truly feel.

"you're shut off okay?" i say.

"what the fuck does that even mean, cloud?"

"the universe picks your soulmate based on what you need. and i need emotional vulnerability. and you, well. lo'ak, you aren't the best at that. i'm just shocked, ok?" i continue to get comfortable in bed.

"you want emotional vulnerability? okay." he sits up and lights the fire.
i sit up and stare at him.
"i've never felt like i belonged in this family."
ouch.
"it hurt me. deeply. to see how everyone accepted you. why not me? why not see what good i can do?"
is he crying?
"i want to make them proud. but i - i do it in all the wrong way. i almost killed neteyam."
wait what?
"their favorite son."
i'm sure that's not true.
"cloud i need to know you won't leave."
"never. i don't know if i have much of a choice now..." i look towards my wings.

"i want you to stay for me. i want you to sit here and tell me that even with those beautiful wings. you would stay. you would choose me everyday." he walks over to me.
sitting down.
taking my hands in his.

"i want to know that in every universe you come searching for my soul. you come searching for this connection again.

because i will be searching for you." he looks at me.

"i want to know that you're proud to say i'm the one you connected with. i'm the one the universe handpicked for you."
he begins to cry into my shoulder.
i'm an ass.
turning his head into my shoulder to speak more.

"with or without this connection. i would've been always longing for you. always loving you. always choosing you.

not because of the type of na'vi you are.
but because
from the moment i saw you -
i fell into love.

for the first time. i was able to allow myself to fall. knowing you could catch me."

what do i say to all of this?
tell him how you feel.

"i've been searching for you my whole life. you have given me everything i need right now. i'm sorry i seemed so confused and hurt. i'm not.

my lover, lo'ak sully. i will love you until there are worms eating our flesh. i will love you forever. in every life time. you find me, i find you. we connect. and fall madly in love with eachother all over again."

he sits up.
staring into each others eyes.

- vbelle !! thank you so so much for reading !! i love you so so much !!