angel avatar

among the many kinds of na'vi, the most rare, the most beautiful, the most gifted of all: angels.
they call them the "protector of the unborn souls." looking for their shadows in the clouds, giving their feathers to their young ones as gifts. these na'vi were separated from all the others.

that's what i was taught. that my mother and father, my cousins and grandparents. me. we are all beautiful creatures. but that's when they began looking at me funny.
i felt alienated by my own people, and i was so young.
they allowed the sky people to come into my room. watch me, follow me. i was so confused at such a young age. i was so scared, my mother couldn't hold me.
she would watch me behind the heads of the sky people.
she gave them masks to help them breathe out air, she gave them room for facilities to test on me, she taught them our language to help them communicate with me. she was a traitor.
and how could you do that to your daughter. how could you turn your back on her, and not tell her why? answer me that mom.
i had been living in a science experiment, not knowing what was the matter with me.
angel na'vi are very hostile. but with me, i couldn't be.
around my twelfth birthday, i struck one of the scientists. he pulled at my tail. and i was sick of this.
i wanted to be home. i wanted to be alone. i wanted to be like everyone else. i'd spent the last eight birthdays here. i felt ashamed even when i had been told eywa had blessed me.
they left me in that room. to my own sadness.
i picked at my skin, i studied my own face. the only conversations i ever had were with me.
i was isolated in that white room. the coldness was not only shown in my goosebumps but in my soul. in my heart. my wings covered my body. my wings protected me from the wandering hands of these sky people.

authors note: i hope you have enjoyed this first chapter! -vbelle