Incorrect quotes pt.2 + a fun cutscene

Firstly, I shall showcase a scene I am cutting for time that is technically canon but also just not that important to the story. It's in Leo's POV like the last chapter. After this, there'll be some incorrect quotes and a production update. Cool? Cool.

*******

"So you mean to tell me that Belos summoned some eldritch god child and tried to drain everyone's life force?!" I exclaimed.

My notebook sat forgotten at the edge of the table as Hunter and his friends finished recounting the story of how they got here. I had meant to jot it down, but the story had kept getting more and more insane...

"That....just about sums it up, yes." Said Amity Blight, nodding.

"Wow. That's kinda-"

"If you say 'metal' one more time, I'm punching this table." I groaned. Lane held her hands up innocently.

"Jeez, I was just gonna say that that's kind of...a solid material that is typically hard, shiny, malleable, fusible, and ductile, with good electrical and thermal conductivity." She grinned.

The kids snickered.

I punched the table.

Lane smiled proudly, leaning back in their chair.

"So...now you guys are looking for a way back, then." They said, more of a statement than a question.

Luz Noceda nodded, slumping over a bit in her chair. "We're...not doing too great though. I wish we had more titan blood..."

"You know, historically speaking, there likely is titan blood around here. I'm assuming there was a portal before Marilyn- er, I mean Eda's portal door. The Wittebanes had to get to the Boiling Isles somehow, right?" Lane pointed out. "In fact, I've had multiple reports of a mysterious blue substance discovered here in Gravesfield."

The kids' reactions were instantaneous. Augustus gasped and fell off his seat. Willow grinned and fist bumped Amity. Luz sat bolt upright as though she'd been electrocuted. Hunter choked on his tea. Vee squeaked.

I snorted, taking the opportunity to laugh at them.

"Ohhhh-kay, yes, shocking." I smiled, wishing I could take a picture of them in their various states of hilarity. "Lanie' and I also found a possible portal site out in the woods...cue the faces."

Their expressions intensified.

"Wait, what?! When did you last see these titan blood reports and can we have some now?" Said Hunter, not pausing to breathe despite the fact that he'd just choked. "Follow up question, what is a normal thing to do when you see someone you love very much for the first time in a very long time, and should I or should I not practice in the mirror?"

Willow patted his shoulder. "Easy there Wolfie. Kissing only requires practice if you've never done it before."

Hunter squeaked, face bright red as he practically melted into the table with his head in his hands. "But I haven't!"

I tried to resist the ever growing urge to fall on the floor laughing, not unlike what Vee had busied herself with doing.

Lane patted his other shoulder. "It's okay. (Y/N) clones kiss good." This time Amity choked on her drink, and Lane paused, rethinking her words. "...That might've been a weird thing to say, huh?"

Hunter nodded furiously, somehow managing to look even more embarrassed. I was pretty sure he was making the conscious effort not to make eye contact with me. He'd taken to doing that, just generally.