Oneshot: An Oath to Keep

"Aw, need some help?" I cooed, hovering above the fight.

"(Y/N)! What the heck are you doing here?!" Yelled my best friend, shoving another guard away.

"Hmm...maybe because I heard trouble. Or maybe it's because you screamed my name dramatically while saying 'I'm DYING!'."

"You actually weren't supposed to hear that." He huffed, aiming another punch at the guards that surrounded him.

"It was pretty funny, so I'm glad I did." I chuckled, landing next to him. I dodged a punch and tripped a guard, slapped a fire glyph onto someone, and watched Hunter knock out the last guard.

"Woah, we made quick work of them." Hunter chuckled.

"I know- what would you do without me?" I laughed and ruffled his hair.

"I'd have a much easier life, that's for sure."

"And a very boring one. But I've gotta fly, so unless you want to spend the night helping me make potions, I'll bid you adieu." I waved, hopping onto my staff again.

"Wait! Can I help you make potions, actually? I'm free tonight, and I'm bored. And...making potions sounds fun."

"Well...It'd be your first time, right?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

Hunter turned red. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Your first sleepover! What'd you think?" I said innocently. "Get your mind out of the gutter, darling!"

He somehow turned redder. "Titan, you're gonna make me regret this." He groaned and sat behind me on the staff.

"What'd you do to start that fight anyways?" I asked, looking over my shoulder.

"I-uh...I just...got caught with something I wasn't supposed to have."

"Ah, underage apple blood consumption?"

"N-no! Of course not, that's just looking for trouble." He stuttered.

"Right, you're too straightlaced for that. Fair enough, I'm not into underage drinking either."

"Oh come on, I'm not that straightlaced." He scoffed. "I'm actually rebelling right now, I'll have you know- if my uncle knew I was here, he'd literally kill me."

"Wow, you're so bad." I snorted.

"I know, I'm practically a delinquent."

"Yeah, you oughta be in the conformatorium."

"I'm such a danger to society."

"Oh hey, we're here. Try not to burn down the house Mr. Badboy." I said dryly.

He had been to my house before, and knew it was...unorthodox. The place was an abandoned teahouse I discovered a few years ago, and I'd fixed it up- but I had left a lot of things untouched, like the sign that read 'New Salem Tearoom' on the door, the parlor that still looked like a restaurant, and the smell of tea that lingered no matter how many times I tried to cover it. It was annoying at first, but I had grown to appreciate it.

Hunter sat in one of the booths, drawing little pictures in the dust.

"Why don't you ever clean this place?!" He coughed- he had accidentally created a dust cloud.

"I do, but the dust always comes back. It's like this place doesn't want to change. Which is fair, although slightly inconvenient."

He sneezed. "Right. Slightly inconvenient...I'm never gonna get this dust off of my gloves...ugh."