Hey Lilith (pt.8)

Hey Lilith.

I discovered something strange yesterday....something really strange that turned my world upside down. I don't know how to paraphrase it, so I'll just send you a transcribed copy of what I read- to summarise, I'm a grimwalker. So is the Golden Guard.

So...I'm not sure what to do. No one else here knows about this, and I'm really scared. Belos has apparently killed almost all of the previous grimwalkers, so we could be in terrible danger.

But on another note- you grew up in Bonesborough, right? Have you ever heard of the Bryonys?

I sealed the letter and dropped it off at the post office.

"(Y/N), (Y/N)!" Yelled a voice. I jumped, spinning around.

"Edric! Emira!" I exclaimed. My friends were right outside the window! I darted out of the post office to meet them.

"(Y/N)! I've missed you!" Em grinned, giving me a quick hug.

"You too, losers! I'm sorry I've been gone so much recently." I sighed, joining them on the bench.

"Hey (Y/N), check this out-" Edric said, waving his hand. A little bat creature from the knee landed on his shoulder. "This is Batrick!"

"Cool!"

*******

I smiled. I had missed spending time with the twins- It was great to see them again.

"So, how's the coven been?" Edric asked while Em ordered our drinks.

I sighed, drumming my fingers on the table. "Well...it's been...uh. Rough. Definitely harder than I expected...I kind of wish I had just stayed at Hexside with you guys."

He frowned. "What happened? You used to love your job..."

I laughed sarcastically. "That was before I discovered some...some things I'd rather forget. Some really scary things...Uh...but I'm in contact with Lilith, as well as some other trustworthy adults, so I'm hoping I'll manage to get out of there soon."

Ed stared at me wide eyed.

"Uh...so how've you been?" I smiled.

"Are you okay?!"

I shrugged. "I'll survive. I promise, okay?" I held out my pinky childishly. He gave a half-hearted smile and shook on it.

"You'd better keep that promise, (L/N)." He said seriously, before switching to a cheerier tone. "...I've been teaching myself beastkeeping magic lately. It's been pretty fun." He smiled.

"Ooh, and I've learned a few healing spells." Em said, sliding into her chair, drinks in tow. "What're we talking about?"

"Multitracks? That's awesome, guys!" I grinned.

Ed blushed. "Well...they're just hobbies, really. I can't imagine pursuing beastkeeping at Hexside..."

I frowned. "Isn't Luz doing multitracks?"

Em raised an eyebrow. "Amity's girlfriend? Well, yeah, she's doing multitracks, but she's a human."

"And plus...She's not a Blight. Yet." Ed sighed, taking a sip of his apple blood.

"But if you multitrack, you'll get to do stuff like this!" I argued, casting an illusion and an abomination at the same time.

"Well yeah, but we'd be doing wild magic." Em frowned. "Disappointing the Titan or whatever...."

"But you'd get to be free! Like Eda the Owl Lady!"

"Says the leader of the Emperor's Coven." Emira teased, messing with my hair.